Wolves of the Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Excorting

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
shadowwolf445
Alpha
Alpha

Male
Horse Aries

Pet : Excorting Th_---
name:Delila
specis:fox

Excorting Empty
PostSubject: Excorting   Excorting Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 1:42 am

Sai lead the way down the mountain, being on the mountain so long improved his climbing skill quite a bit since his first journey up. He barely made it up the mountain the first time, he slipped so many times that he lost count. He never thought he would get used to it, but look now. He climb down with ease without slipping once. He might have been more proud about it but the only reason they have made their decent down the mountain was to take his old friend to the boarder of the territory because he couldn't control himself. He didn't even had the chance to catch up with his old packmate, He glanced back a Glacier who decided to come along with them. he was happy she came the climb up the mountain would be lonely by himself, "Won't be too much longer now i guess" he said just the break the silence that had gone on since they started traveling.
Back to top Go down
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

Excorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excorting   Excorting Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 2:04 am

"Watch it!" Azarius snapped as Glacier jumped down a small, steep cliff, landing hard on the rocks below. He loosened his tight grip on her fur and slid off her to change into a fox.
" Sorry, Azu, I'll warm you next time." She snickered, and took a few more bounding leaps to catch up to Sai. Her tail swung happily behind her, and she barely needed to watch her paws as she went, using her trained eye to catch spots where she might slip. " So are we just going to.. Drop him off down here..?" Her voice was laden with concern. " That must be so hard for you." Her ears lowered on her head, and tail stopped waving.

Azarius trotted just behind her, eyes on the ground, watching for rocks he had to move around or jump over. He always preferred traveling on Glacier, but she usually got where she wanted to with flight. He glanced up to look at her large grayish wings, folded neatly at her sides. Her feather's were ruffled in places, along with spots on her fur still matted with dried blood. He sighed and stole a look at Aragorn to be sure of where he was, then returned his gaze to the ground.

Before Sai had a chance to respond, Glacier seemed to loose focus. " The scent markers have passed, we're at the border of our territory now." She stopped, surprising Azu and causing him to yelp as he tripped and fell. Her ghostly blue eyes glared around the sparse ground. " Nothing smells unusual." She noted, her nose twitching in the air. She was of course, thinking about the monstrous black wolf that had tormented her pack earlier. If they hadn't have fought together as they did, more lives than just Ninja's would have been lost, including her own. " Right. So here we are." She turned to look at the others, settling on a dirt patch next to a thorn bush.
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

Excorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excorting   Excorting Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 3:34 pm

Aragorn sharply flared his pearly wings, and began to descend, his dark paws only moving when he was inches from the ground. He fluidly landed, sliding smoothly into step beside Sai.
"Sai-" he began, but couldn't finish the sentance, there were no words. How to tell his friend that everything was lost?

As they reched the border, he turned once more and parted his mud flecked maw "Can we still talk, in the old language? There is so much to say, and some can only be said from the heart, and in the old way."

(Oh, you don't have too if you don't want to. I'm talking about sindarin elvish, i will provide translations, but here is some dictionary links: http://www.silindor.com/~nevrast3/m.html
http://www.bladesofanarion.net/index.php?page=16 Any questions, ask me)
Back to top Go down
http://fireandice.friendhood.net
shadowwolf445
Alpha
Alpha

Male
Horse Aries

Excorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excorting   Excorting Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 12:11 pm

Hackle was watching Glacier and Azarius as Sai lead them to the edge of the boarder. She chuckled at the pair when Azu snapped at Glacier, all this time hanging around her and he still seemed so uptight. Maybe that would change soon enough. Her eyes then moved upward looking at Aragorn just above them, he seemed so different to him now. she used to like Aragorn but just not being able to control himself around their new him just made her lost respect for the wolf.

Sai turned his head slightly to look at Glacier as she came beside him, "There is nothing else we can do with him we will just make sure he leaves the terrotory like Kazuro wants." Sai felt like his insides were twisting into knots he felt like he was betraying Aragorn's friendship a bond that had formed between them since they were pups. But times were different now, he was no longer the same wolf he used to be. he needed to found his own way of life and here is where he thinks he could find it. He opened his jaws to reply to Glacier but she interrupted him, stating that they arrived at the edge of the territory. the black male sighed and looked towards his old friend, "Thats just it Aragorn i don't embrace the old ways anymore that part of me has been buried" In another time he wouldn't have hesitated to this request, "we can still talk but you need to make it quick."
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

Excorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excorting   Excorting Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 5:43 pm

Aragorn was angered when Glacier walked along Sai's other side, for the words they shared were words of betrayal, yet Aragorn knew Sai wouldn't do that. "He must be thinking up another solution", he thought to himsel. But even he had his doubts.

Sai spoke once more, and the mud flecked wolf responded half sorowfully- half in disappointment. "But the tongue of he Elves is not the old ways! I taught it to you as I learned your tongue." He sighed as he thought of all the bad news he had to bear. There was no way he was going to share all the loss in front of Glacier, a wolf he still considered at least a half enemy. He eyed her watchfully.

"Uma, nan' eller na quente re maure il hlar"
(Yes, but there is talk she need not hear.)

Last edited by Icestar on Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

Excorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excorting   Excorting Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 7:19 pm

Azarius made his way to sit next to Hackle. His tail wrapped over his paws and he held his head low. Sighing, he let his paws slide out in front of him until his belly touched the ground, where he relaxed and closed his eyes. " Too much for one day.." He said weakly. But a moment later found his eyes opening at the sound of strange words, coming from Sai's friend. His ears twitched curiously at the confusing words. "what.. what's he saying?" He spoke low, only loud enough for Hackle to hear. " I don't like the sound of that.. he's hiding something.." He curled his paws in towards him and set his muzzle against the ground, eyes slowly starting to droop again.

Glacier sat up a little more, but her eyes only told of innocence as she returned Aragorn's gaze. She blinked and flicked an ear, showing her lack of concern that the wolf was any trouble to her now. Yet at the sound of the strange words that came from the maw of the muddy wolf, her head tilted to a side and she squinted her eyes slightly. She was about to open her own jaws to say something, but stopped herself. 'It's not my business.. I trust Sai. Just ignore it.' She told herself, and she decided upon it by getting to her paws and venturing a little ways away, searching the ground for anything to eat. Her nose picked up traces of something that smelled like Mouse, but she wasn't sure. Now fully engrossed in her task, her paws took her to a brown, dried up, and thorn-covered bush, where dirt was kicked out from it's roots. She could hear something from inside a hole under it's branches and started to dig.
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf445
Alpha
Alpha

Male
Horse Aries

Excorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excorting   Excorting Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:11 pm

Hackled jumped down from Sai's head and changed into a red fox once they reached the boarder. she wonder how this would happen, would they just see Aragorn off? She knew this was difficult for Sai, but for now this was the right thing to do. he kept him from being chased off by Kazuro, and thats all he could have done. Aragorn just made everything so hard, she hadn't even notice Azarius sat down next to her until he spoke. She nodded in agreement, first dealing with that monstrous wolf and now this. Hopefully things would calm down after this. Her ears twitched as she heard a different but familiar language, " I'm not sure what he is saying he taught that to Sai."

The black wolf sighed, "That language repesents my past Aragorn and i have put that behind me." it was hard trying to explain this to his old friend. he changed, he wanted nothing to do with the past, that part of him was gone. he glanced back at Glacier as he spoke about her in his own language, "If it can't be said infront of her then it can't be said at all, i'm sorry Aragorn but this is who i am now." Glaicer was his closest friend and maybe he hoped one day it would be something more. what couldn't be said with her here?
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

Excorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excorting   Excorting Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:37 pm

Aragorn heard but did not heed the words. He answered desperately "Sai, please. It involves Arwena, and a exiled king." Sai would know some of what he meant. The dark male probably still wouldn't listen; he was a headstrong wolf. Yet the news mus be told, Aragorn must share his grief and urgent news. He sighed and resigned.

"Brand. nan' hain indome gwest han dolen"

(Fine. But they will swear it secret.)

Aragorn's stomach churned at the thought of sharing the ill news where everybody could hear. Including enemies. His grey eyes seemed steel, but the wolf held his gaze. Glacier turned away to hunt, and his eyes softened, and he glanced at Sai. He whispered so only Sai ould hear. "I don't like it but since you trust her, I'll try. For you, as long as you listen to me."

Back to top Go down
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

Excorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excorting   Excorting Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:57 pm

Azarius heaved a deep sigh and let his eyes close. He curled into a tighter ball, as it was getting steadily colder as the night continued. Clouds above blocked out any view of the stars, as they usually did, but tonight the storm clouds were coming and going. At least for now, it wasn't very windy at the mountain base.

"aha.." Glacier's muffled voice wasn't heard to anyone but her now. She could hear the hushed voices of Sai and Aragorn, but she did her best to ignore it. She lowered her muzzle into the hole she had made and gave it a whiff. Still, that same rodent-like scent, but stronger. She plunged her paws into the hole, digging ferociously now, sending bits of dirt and rock from under her paws. Suddenly, a squeal was heard, and she put her nose down into the hole again. A short pause was followed by a gruff cough from the wolf, and another squeal from her prey. She had to use her teeth to push through the little bit of dirt still covering her prize, but she felt it's furry body and grabbed it just by a fold of it's skin, and flung her head upward, throwing an alpine chipmunk into the air, and catching it in her jaws with a loud snap of her teeth. Within a few crunching bites, it was gone.
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf445
Alpha
Alpha

Male
Horse Aries

Excorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excorting   Excorting Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 9:48 am

"Arwena?" Sai repeated he heard Aragorn speak of her before, though he never met her him self. But he used to speak so highly of her, something must have happened between the two. But that couldn't stay out here much longer, it was dark and Sai didn't trust his climbing ability enough to do anything at night, "Alright i'll listen to what you have to say Aragorn but make it quick Kazuro expects us back soon."

Hackle watched on as the to talked, their voices seemed to turn into low muttering to her, what were they saying? she sighed and settled down next to Azarius, it was getting cold. she shivered as he felt a chill run down her spine. she hoped they wouldn't be here too much longer she would rather be in Glacier's warm den.
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

Excorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excorting   Excorting Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:42 pm

"Thanks Sai. I owe you on this one." A grin broke across his dark face, but quickly faded with what he had to say. He glanced around to make sure nobody was listening. Glacier had just finished chomping down a chipmunk. Aragorn called to the snowy femme, but his voice was wary, although he was trying hard not to show his misgivings.
"Glacier, I will speak openly, but only if you swear to keep all you hear secret. Lives are at stake here, not to mention vows and things best kept secret. Sai has asked me to speak your tongue and not mine, but in Elvish you shall swear. Do I have your word?"

Elessar saw the bird. It was in a flock, or mob of crows. This craban was a large, plump one, with glossy feathers, while the rest were scrawny, with bedraggled plumage. She soared above them, trying to stay unnoticed. Tha didn't work well. The crows looked up as her shadow passed. A half dozen crows took to the air, intent on mobbing the eagle that was Elessar. She snatched an crow in her talons, and swiftly killed it. She struggled to get away from the mob. They flew at hre, beating with wings and stabbing with beaks. They flew across the area where Aragron, Sai, and Glacier where, and she called a keening cry down to the group. She then turned on another crow, and sent it down to earth, along with the other carcass.
Back to top Go down
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

Excorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excorting   Excorting Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 10:15 pm

Glacier looked up, swallowing what bit of chipmunk was left in her jaws. Considering his request, she was silent for a moment. Azarius opened an eye, looking at her with expectancy. Finally, she closed her eyes and nodded her head slightly downward. " Of course, you have my word." With her last word, she turned tail to walk back towards them, but heard the cry of the birds above her. Opening her eyes, she turned her head sharply upwards. Her maw opened to show bright canines, and her ghostly blue eyes focused on her second target. With a both powerful and graceful leap into the air, she snapped her jaws over the wing of the fallen bird. SHe landing neatly onto her feet without falling.
" Don't hog all the food." Azarius mumbled, eyes still closed. He heard through perked ears the thud from Glacier dropping the mass of feathers onto the rock. "Good."
"I wasn't gonna eat it anyway." She flicked and ear and picked it up again. "'ere, thai. 'aught it fer you." The bird was once again dropped onto the rock, now at Sai's paws. It twitched a little, and a raspy sound escaped its now bleeding beak. Glacier smiled joyfully, tail swishing lightly through the air behind her.
Azu shuffled where he lay, and pulled himself with his front paws until he was pressed up against Hackle. He could instantly feel the heat radiating from her body, and brought himself closer to it. He hated being anywhere on the mountain during its colder nights.
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

Excorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excorting   Excorting Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 9:20 pm

Aragorn nodded, but he wasn't ready to speak yet. There were oaths that must be said." He didn't turn his head, but spoke. "You must swear in Elvish first." The male glanced over to make sure Glacier was listening. He seemed not to notice the battle above, but in truth, he knew everything, and knew Elessar could cope. "Now, repeat this:

Im gwest na cheb ilya dolen

(I swear to keep all hidden)

Aragorn deliberately chose hard words to pronounce, for he could tell how much respect Glacier was using, if she planned to follow through, or even if she was listening.

Elessar cried once more as a crow hit home, stabbing her body with it's long, harsh beak. Seething, she turned on it, talons crushing it's poorly feathered skull. Another crow lashed out, but fell back as she beat at it with chestnut wings. It let out a hoarse Caaww.

Elessar swooped forward and caught it in her beak. She swung it around, catching the only fat crow on it's wing. It started flying away. Elessar shakily landed by the other animas, exhausted from the sky-battle, ad bleeding from several wounds. The worst was the gash where the crow had stabbed the eagle. However, it was only a minor injury, and although it would be annoying, it would heal soon. Elessar began to preen the matted feathers.

Back to top Go down
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

Excorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excorting   Excorting Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 11:03 pm

Glacier's moment of happiness was cut short, as the words said by Aragorn sank in. She eyed him suspiciously. 'I have to speak his tounge? In an oath..? But... I don't know what I'm promising.' 'I don't know.' Azarius answered her thoughts, but was of no help. 'I'll have to trust them. ' She let out a short sigh, and mimicked his words, though with difficulty.
"Im gwest... na cheb ilya dolen."
They felt weird coming from her maw, but she sat down and continued to look to the large wolf for more instruction, folding her wings close to her body as she did so.
Her focus was only diverted once his anima returned to the group, battered but seemingly unmoved by it. Her eyes slanted just ever so slightly as she questioned why the anima's wolf didn't seem to really care.
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

Excorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excorting   Excorting Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 11:29 pm

Aragorn sighed as she eyed him nervously.
"Glacier, I stay true to my word. Even ask Sai. All that you said was 'I swear to keep all hidden'." He glanced at Elessar who although slightly battered, was fine. They'd been through worse. Much worse. Aragorn spoke composedly to his anima with a touch of a smile in his muzzle. Praise was rarely given, even to his soulmate.
"Well done Elessar, we have stayed in shape. But remember to not let your back show." His anima nodded, but otherwise ignored him, more out of knowing his thoughts then insult. Aragorn spoke now to Sai.
"Shall I start at the beginning? I think it best if Glacier knows all.It may change her thoughts of me, and possibly you."
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf445
Alpha
Alpha

Male
Horse Aries

Excorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excorting   Excorting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 2:20 am

Sai sat down on hos haunches something told him this would be longer then he would want. He watched Glacier as she tired to pronounce, the words Aragorn told her to say. Sai didn't feel that Glacier needed to say them, she was trustworthy she wouldn't say a word. She probably wouldn't even understand it anyway. his head turned back to Aragorn when he spoke to him, "I guess so" He stated simply.
Back to top Go down
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

Excorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excorting   Excorting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 3:52 am

Glacier kept her maw quiet until she was told something more to do. Submitting to this wolf in such a way made her slightly uncomfortable, but she dared not show it. Azarius's side rose and fell slower now, showing he was finally asleep. Glacier glanced at him for a moment, wishing he hadn't, yet she didn't want to wake him either. " Well this get this over with." She said quietly after Sai spoke. She stared off to the side, with her ears tilted behind her as she waited.
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

Excorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excorting   Excorting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 4:12 am

Aragorn's dusky banner drew up a bit as Glacier submitted.
'Excellent' he thought, 'She is listening, and will stay true to her word'. Aragorn slowly sat down, wanting to be off his paws to conserve enrgy, but wanting to be ready in case of danger. He inhaled deeply, gazed upwards at the sky, and began. This story would take a while, but he would summarize the best he could.

"Glacier, My true name is Aragorn, as you know. What you will is legend and idea melded, for nothing is certain, but my heritage. A long time ago, there were legendary wolves that were heroes. Sai and I are descended from those wolves, his being Battosai, and mine being Silver and Fade.

"But now I'll start at the beginning. I grew up in a pack called The Elves, who believed that these heroes had done something important, as did the other wolves in that area. So they loved anything to do with the past. They also loved things out of the ordinary, so that meant me. See I was born with wings, not to mention the fact that they are silver, while I am dark."

Aragorn lowered his head back to Glacier and Sai. "Shall I continue?" he asked, with more kindness and understanding then there had ever been towards Glacier. He was beginning to trust her, and her learning his past helped.

Last edited by Icestar on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:15 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

Excorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excorting   Excorting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 6:51 am

{( Woah wait, WW made it clear that none of the wolves knew of/remembered the past.. are you sure she'd allow that post?)}
Back to top Go down
Twilight_Wolf
Alpha
Alpha
Twilight_Wolf

Female
Dog Pisces

Pet : Image: Excorting ThKITsunechan
Name: Elleron
Species: Fox cub

Excorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excorting   Excorting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 9:18 am

(Yeah, she said that none of the wolves now would know of that. I don't think that she'd want Aragorn to remember <.<)
Back to top Go down
http://ivalis.forumandco.com/index.htm
WildWind
Alpha
Alpha
WildWind

Female
Rat Libra

Pet : Excorting L5tO
Name: Pan

Excorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excorting   Excorting Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 12:45 am

(Oh, no, no, no, no, no, none of this. I said you could have names from lord of the rings, not him being from elves, remembering the past and whatnot.. Sai knows very little of Battosai, and the only reason he does is from word-of-mouth legend. And he only knows so much as that he was a hero and named Battosai. And by the way, I clearly said in he story that all the old territories are on Hirisato.. And NO Elvish language. Anyways, Ice, I'd very much prefer if you changed your post. Thanks.)
Back to top Go down
https://wotd.rpg-board.net
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

Excorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excorting   Excorting Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:16 am

(Well Aragorn was going to be wrong. I won't post anymore Elvish and I will edit the post. However, one of my Characters is an Elf. In this case, they're just a pack of wolves who all possess speed as a mutation, except Aragorn. And edited.)
Back to top Go down
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

Excorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excorting   Excorting Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:54 am

{( Wont be here for a week, I apologize. Someone can rp Glacier if you really want to. just make sure you follow her personality, that's all.)}
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Excorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excorting   Excorting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Excorting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wolves of the Dawn :: Archives :: 2009 Archives-
Jump to: