Wolves of the Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Claiming an abandoned land

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chaoswolf
Pup
Pup
Chaoswolf

Female
Monkey Aries

Pet : Claiming an abandoned land - Page 2 SZKc
Name: Forest

Claiming an abandoned land - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Claiming an abandoned land   Claiming an abandoned land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 2:16 am

Yoruichi was first to enter the cave, and already she could tell that this was not a good time to interrupt. Agitation, probably something deeper than that was in the air. Voices were being raised. She came to an immediate halt outside of the cave entrance, not wanting to intrude and unsure if the two younger wolves should hear what was being said. She did not know these wolves, and if they were unpredictable enough to attack when upset. Wrath would not be safe here. She looked back at the pup, he was already shivering a little. Too late for regrets now. "Come on, you have to dry off," she told him calmly, padding in and pretending to not hear what the two wolves were discussing. She hoped that Wrath would have the sense not to comment on the arguement either.

Wrath turned to see that his new friend was following him. He smiled through his sopping wet fur. "Her name is Yoruichi," he yipped happily. "I call her Yori. She's my mother."

Umbreon, the white-hawk anima on Yoruichi's shoulder, glared at the pup when he said that. Sorrow shivered and pressed down onto Wrath's back. She glanced at Lopa, as if the other anima could protect her from the glare.

"Where's your mother?" Wrath wondered aloud.
Back to top Go down
Snowest
Beta
Beta
Snowest

Female
Pet : Claiming an abandoned land - Page 2 BPz4
Name: Night

PostSubject: Re: Claiming an abandoned land   Claiming an abandoned land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 6:41 pm

Alyaia wondered why they stoped, but that was swept aside when Wrath talked. So that wolf was Yoruichi, his mother? Cool, she thought.
Soon they continued on their way inside. And Wrath asked Alyaia where her mother was.
"Well, I asume that shes still with the pack. It's not like she would come looking for me."

Lopa meanwhile saw Sorrow looking at him, like she wanted him to protect her. Lopa looked up, and saw Yoruichi's anima glaring at Sorrow. He gave a ferret snarl at him, although ferrets cant snarl so it came out more like a cough, and glared at him. How dare he be picking on Sorrow?
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Claiming an abandoned land   Claiming an abandoned land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:54 am

Narthoren was frustrated at being ignored. Everywhere he had been before, he was noticed. In his old pack, he and Arohtar were infamous for both their good and bad traits. But now, they were nobody. Just loners. Not even Narthoren's glinting pelt had an effect. Narthoren repeated his question. "Anybody hungry? Elessar told me where a cache is." At the same time, he also mentally told Arohtar to keep the noise level down.

Arohtar listened to her anima, and lowered her voice, lapsing into her own language. "Two pups. Yours. Named Aduial and Faroth. Died in the same battle that Arwena died in. As you may imagine, Elro was not happy about the pups. But he loved them. It wasn't his fault that they died." She spoke the latter sentence calmly, knowing that Aragorn would blame Arwena's father for their deaths.

Aragorn was already beginning to stand when Arohtar spoke the last sentance. HE listened to what she said. "Then whose fault was it that they died?" Arohtar was already parting her jaws to growl an answer, but Aragorn stopped her. "Tell me honestly, Arohtar. You know you can't lie, even to yourself." He knew Arohtar would answer, but he wasn't prepared for the words he heard next. He had to strain his ears to hear them, as Arohtar suddenly dropped her voice to somethign to soft to even be a whisper. "Mine."

Arohtar knew he would ask more questions, and she wasn't prepared to answer them. She stood, and hobbled back towards the pack. She didn't even attempt a smile. Tears welled up, but she would not release them here. Not where Yoruchi and the others could see.

Aragorn slowly stood, and followed Arohtar out. His wingtips dragged along the ground, sending up whirls of dust. He didn't make eye contact, and seemed to be in a daze. the news had hit him hard. He slowly nosed at Elessar. She shifted into a aquirrel. The form still retained the green eyes, which gave it a strange appearence. Elessar slowly climbed onto Aragorn's back, curling up and pressing her nose into his thick fur. Tears streamed down her face, mixing with the dirt in Aragorn's fur. She sneezed once, but wiped her face with her paws, and put her head back into his ruff.
Back to top Go down
http://fireandice.friendhood.net
Chaoswolf
Pup
Pup
Chaoswolf

Female
Monkey Aries

PostSubject: Re: Claiming an abandoned land   Claiming an abandoned land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 6:52 am

Sorrow gave Lopa a grateful smile, as much of a smile can be seen amongst the blak baby skunk fur.

Wrath tilted his head and looked Alyaia. "Not looking? How come?" he asked innocently.

The pup promptly groaned in comaplaint as Yoruichi wrapped her forepaws around him and dried his head with her dry tongue. "Mom!" he yipped in complaint, earning an even harsher glare from Umbreon, but only Sorrow noticed this and she got shivers. Wrath! Quit calling Yori that! Umbreon doesn't like it!

Anybody hungry? Elessar told me where a cache is."

"I'm staving!" Wrath piped up, squirming away from Yoruichi's forepaws.

The pups seemed blissfully oblivious to the event taking place between Arohtar and Aragorn. It was probably for the better. Even the snatches that she had heard made no sense, and judgng by their now lowered voices, she doubted they wanted to be heard. Yoruichi had distracted herself by drying Wrath off but had hardly begun when, at the mention of food, Wrath broke free in excitement. What was she going to do with pup? She shook her head.

"I am quite hungry myself, Narthoren," she added, pretending not to see the other two wolves leaving. The new Alpha of the lands was clearly upset.
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Claiming an abandoned land   Claiming an abandoned land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 8:38 pm

(do you want to keep going without Snow? She said w could, and I'm fine either way. Alyaia could just be very quiet, or maybe sleeping.)
Back to top Go down
Chaoswolf
Pup
Pup
Chaoswolf

Female
Monkey Aries

PostSubject: Re: Claiming an abandoned land   Claiming an abandoned land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 9:51 pm

ooc: I don't mind going on. Maybe if we do something interesting she'll get back into it. But I really can't think of anything interesting to do. Shall they go hunting? Not the pups I mean, just Aragorn, Arohtar and Yoruichi.
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Claiming an abandoned land   Claiming an abandoned land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 1:58 am

(hmm.. hunting sounds good.)

Arohtar nodded. "That sounds good. A hunt. I haven't been hunting since..." she trailed off. Not since she had lost the use of one eye. The pack had ruled her too weak to hunt. Yet Arohtar had gotten some grim satisfaction from noticing the amount of prey decrease. Plus maybe hunting would take her mind off of everything.

Narthoren eyed Arohtar. 'You sure we're up to it?' Arohtar snapped back an answer, and even Narthoren was startled by her acerbity. He crouched slightly. "Yes, master." he answered sarcastically, out loud. Arohtar flicked one ear in response. "Be quiet." she grumbled. Narthoren parted his jaws to retort, but Aragorn's voice cut in.

"Let's just go. We can always use more prey." Aragorn said. His voice seemed a bit more tired, his muzzle a bit more shot through with gray. His motivations were the same as Arohtar's; hunting would be good to clear his mind, take out his anger. A ripple passed through his body as he prepared to shake off what was left of the dust, but he stopped. "Who's going to watch Wrath?" He glanced at Elessar. She was invaluable on a hunt, but she was not emotionally up to it. Aragorn had a decision to make. To bring her or not. 'First things first.' he thought to himself. He reached back, and plucked the squirrel off his back, cuffing her gently with one paw as he set her down in the snow. "Elessar, get a grip."

Elessar shifted into a cat, and lashed out with an paw, claws unsheathed. "Go away." Aragorn dodged the swipe, and nosed at her again. Elessar curled up even tighter. Aragorn looked pleadingly at Yoruchi and Wrath. Inside, he couldn't believe he was asking this. "Can someone please talk sense into her? She won't listen to me."
Back to top Go down
Chaoswolf
Pup
Pup
Chaoswolf

Female
Monkey Aries

PostSubject: Re: Claiming an abandoned land   Claiming an abandoned land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 3:12 pm

Yoruichi usually made a point of remaining out of other wolve's business. She did not mind hunting with these other wolves, and in fact she was rather curious as to what their style was. Aragorn had wings as she did. Did he use them the same way. She was distracted by the question of who would watch Wrath, and her wings ruffled slightly. As if she would raise a pup unable to be alone for a few moments! But she replied rather coolly, "Wrath is perfectly capacble of staying out of trouble while I am away. He knows not to leave a den."

She glanced at the pup, who was licking the wet snow from his paws and shoulders. He would freeze out in the snow in any case.

As she approached the entrance to the cave, Umbreon safely clutching her shoulder, she watched Aragorn attempt to bring his anima. He asked for help, but if he had not she would not have interfered. Yoruichi may not have understood all of what tragedy had befallen the two, but she knew enough about animas, or hers at least.

"She can feelhow upset you are," Yoruichi stated simply. "SHe is reflecting your emotions, so before she calms down, you must calm yourself."

Umbreon shifted from a hawk to a fox cub, slowly approaching Elessar. He said nothing but stood beside her, nudging her cat shoulder with his nose reassuringly.

OOC: Sorry for the wait.
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Claiming an abandoned land   Claiming an abandoned land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:14 am

"I know that." Aragorn snapped, but he knew Yoruchi was right. Aragorn struggled to control himself. There were so many emotions surging through him right now, but Aragorn wanted to wait until he could release them all at once. Until then, they simmered inside, threatening to explode with every action he took. Aragorn shook his head, shutting his eyes and telling himself to calm down. He took a couple of deep breaths. "I'm sorry. You're right. About both things." He looked to Wrath, who was removing the snow from himself. "Behave." he said simply, before gathering his legs, and rocketing upwards into the air. Once he was a good distance up, he soared lazily in circles, waiting for Yoruchi and Arohtar.

Elessar relaxed as some of the pain and anger left her heart. Umbreon touched her shoulder, and she did not lash out. A ghost of a smile played about her muzzle for a moment. Just knowing that somebody actually cared rose her to her paws. Of course Aragorn loved her very much, although he showed it by expecting only the best from her, coupled with an occasional gruff compliment. Elessar now waited for Yoruchi and Umbreon to leave so she could take the rear.

(heh, got a color for Aragorn's text. I hope it won't be so confusing now...)
Back to top Go down
Chaoswolf
Pup
Pup
Chaoswolf

Female
Monkey Aries

PostSubject: Re: Claiming an abandoned land   Claiming an abandoned land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:09 pm

Seeing that the matter had been resolved, Yoruichi slowly turned and padded toward the entrance. She was curious as to how Pack Wolves hunted, but she was fairly sure that the Alpha usually took lead. She was very hungry and she was sure that Wrath was too, so that would be a good deterant from getting into trouble. The blue and violet wolf was not at all concerned for the pup's safety. He knew what to do in case of danger. And he knew where to hide.

Umbreon was slow leaving Elessar's side. He was still concerned, but he returned to white hawk form and glided swiftly to Yoruichi's shoulder.

"Too lazy to fly?" Yoruichi muttered.

Too lazy to carry me? the anima retorted.

Yoruichi could not help but smile. She turned to Arohtar and asked, "What prey do you prefer? I usually travel to the valley for a meal."
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Claiming an abandoned land   Claiming an abandoned land - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:42 am

(meh. Short post.)

"Err.. I not from here, so I don't know what is." Arohtar felt frustrated at being ignorant on the prey in the area. Her cheeks burned as she realized that yet again she had made a mistake in her speaking. "At home, I hunted mostly small things by myself. I wasn't allowed after-" Arohtar cut herself off, and trotted towards the valley, muttering to herself.

Narthoren trotted alongside Yoruichi, waiting for Yoruichi to talk. The anima wanted to get to know her better, to see if she was worth his time. He decided to act casual at first. "She gets like that." he remarked. If Yoruichi did not answer, Narthoren would know that either she was not curious, polite, or extremely cunning.

Aragorn called to Yoruichi below him. "Come on up here!" He tried to make it sound like a request, but it was an order. Aragorn wanted to see how Yoruichi hunted, and he assumed she used her wings. Knowing how she hunted would let Aragorn know what was on the menu, and what was not.

(Guess who just realized that Yoruichi's name is not Yoruchi! I feel stupid now... Sorry!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Claiming an abandoned land   Claiming an abandoned land - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Claiming an abandoned land
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2