Wolves of the Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mild Disinterest

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Amber
Pup
Pup
Amber

Female

Mild Disinterest Empty
PostSubject: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 9:36 pm

Trespassing.

To travel where one should not.
To encroach upon the rightful lands or privacy of a person or group of persons.

The word has a great many meanings to a great many groups.
It does not, however, have any meaning to Rohindal. She walks where
her paws will carry her, and she thinks nothing of the scent markers
that attempt to bar her way. It's quite possible she doesn't even
notice them, just another uninteresting thing, just another smell on
another plant. It's bright out, a clear sky and a radiant sun shines down
upon the mirror-like lake. Spreading its warmth over land the great golden
optic of the gods watches all and caresses all in a warm glow.
The light seems to fall short of Rohindal though, but like most everything
else this goes unnoticed by her pale eyes.

The pallid wolfess padded slowly forward, head level with her back,
choosing her steps carefully. Every now and then she would pause in
her descent to the water, lift her head and look around with detached
disinterest. Her shredded left ear would twitch whenever she
attempted to direct her hearing toward something. The other moved
quite fluidly though, giving her a rather awkward appearance
whenever they moved.

A small herd of deer had stopped at the lake to dispel their thirst.
Because it was such an open and vulnerable position with nothing but
water at their backs, the sentries were especially alert. So when Rohindal
padded carelessly along, not bothering with any sort of stealth,
the group was running full speed in the separate direction. Rohin paused
and lifted her head, eyes directed toward the retreating herd. A small
smile touched her maw, and she looked as though she might laugh for
a second. No noise escaped her though, save for her constant breathing.
The pale she-wolf continued down the sleight slopes, her pace remained
leisurely and relaxed. She seemed unaware that she could have very
well just upset any hunting parties that had been after the herd.

A soft flutter of wings touched the air, and almost out of nowhere a Goldfinch appeared.
"Oh Ro... you could have at least tried to catch one.
You haven't eaten for a while, and I can't keep you going with worms and bugs.
You have to eat sometime." Marvk landed gently on his friends head, bright
yellow wings held out loosely for balance.

"Sun gives its love to the green, they flourish with her gaze. Why not I?"

"Well beca-- wait what? Ro I..." Marvk's little brow furrowed and he
clacked his beak as he attempted to decipher the message.
"Because you're not a plant!" he said finally. "Plants don't eat meat. At least
take a drink then if you insist on this pointless fasting." Rohindal waved her
banner behind her as she neared the waters edge.

Prints of deer hooves were still fresh on the ground when Rohindal
finally reached the smooth sheet of water. With little care the wolfess
padded directly in to the liquids embrace.

"Rohin!" Marvk protested, surprised, he took flight to avoid getting
wet should his friend decide to totally submerge herself. No such thing
happened though, Rohindal walked forward until the water was
halfway up her legs and then promptly laid down. "Unusual time for a bath,"
Marvk observed with slight skepticism but he didn't object. Instead he landed
on Rohindal's shoulders, a small island in the water. "Ro what are you doing now?"
he inquired. The she-wolf had tilted her head to the side,
dipping her one good ear under the water.

"I can hear them," she said softly, water flooding in to her jaws as soon as they opened.

"Hear who?" Marvk asked, hopping forward and glancing around, straining to hear what his friend was.

"The voices. Can't you hear them?"

Marvk sighed, "Finally a coherent sentence out of you and it
doesn't make sense. An oxymoron in itself. There's no voices Rohin, get
our ear out of the water." He pecked her lightly on the shoulder,
"And swallow the water in your mouth you're hard enough to understand without a your mouth full."

Despite his constant chiding the little finch always retained a light voice
and a calm manner. He spewed a patience essential for dealing with
pups and never seemed to get angry.
Back to top Go down
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

Mild Disinterest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 4:44 am

{( Beautiful post Amber!)}

Koara grunted and pawed at Iceheart once more. She wouldn't play. The tiny pup was also curious as to where her parents had went, but her mind was past that in a few moments. Light from outside the den poured in, 'morning.' she recognized. Her clumsy paws carried her across the den and out into the world above, where her paws felt the cold, muddy ground beneath her. Her gaze was quickly drawn away from the muddy tracks in the snow, slush and grass, to the trees around her and around the lake. It fascinated her how big they were, how big the world was, and this was only a little part of it. But Koara was just a small pup, still too young to go explore any of it pas their dens just yet. She stepped out into a patch of sunlight and closed her eyes. 'its warm.. like mommy. ' She told herself.

Once her tan pelt was warmed under the sun she opened her eyes again, and gasped. Her gaze was directed towards movement in the water, to a strange wolf that made her tense, and freeze in her breathing. 'I don't know her... ' she first told herself. ' I need to do something. ' was second. yet her paws wouldn't move. 'Maybe if im really still... '

Back inside, Kartal snsed something was prickling Koara's pelt. He bounded out of the den, a little too fast, and promptly tripped on a stick. The tiny brown mouse, anima of the pup, shook itself and rushed again to her side. Somethings wrong. But what? Kartal followed her gaze to the wolf on the water and froze too. He could easily make out the tiny gold bird on the wolf's shoulders, most likely it's anima. The mouse nudged Koara and tugged at her fur. 'Inside.' He repeated a few times. Koara ignored him, but seemed to come back to life, yet she let curiosity overpower her instincts to run back into the den, and took a few steps closer to the strange wolfess. "Koara, your asking for trouble! " he squeaked, but followed right in her pawsteps. As she emerged from the patchy shade under the trees, into the sunlight where any animal around the lake could see her, she was happily prancing, or more or less trying to. With her awkward big puppy paws, anything graceful was hard to accomplish. Kartal followed close behind, less enthused.

'That wolf looks weird..' he complained. 'Maybe shes a new friend!' Koara argued. ' I dunno.' Kartal was skeptical. It didn't deter the small pup who proceeded to the edge of the water and stood awkwardly next to a patch of grasses sticking up through the snow. Her tail bent to one side, as did her head. Up close, this wolf's fur looked ragged, and nothing like any of those from her pack. In fact, the pale, sickly color of this females fur was quite the opposite of Koara's mother, Mudpelt, who's pelt was full of rich brown shades. Kartal changed into a bird similar to the strange wolf's and hopped up next to Koara, waiting for the two in the water to realize they were there.

{( I haven't posted in so long.. though i should try a little harder this time... x_x )}
Back to top Go down
Amber
Pup
Pup
Amber

Female

Mild Disinterest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 12:58 am

((Thanks! ^_^ You too!))

Rohindal did quite the opposite of what Marvk asked her to do actually. Instead
of taking a long drought of greatly needed water the wolfess exhaled, unleashing a hail of
small bubbles. She seemed quite oblivious to the two creatures padding cautiously
toward her.

Marvk did his best not to laugh and remain stern with his companion and insisted once more
that she take a drink. "You need water. Drink Ro!" He hopped forward to where chilly water met
sickly fur and as if to lead by example he took a sip. The little bird chirped in surprise, "Ro! It's freezing!"
He shook his wings and ruffed up his feathers to dispel the cold that his sip had brought. "Get up!"
he commanded at once, "You'll catch your death laying in this water!"

Rohindal twitched and lifted her head, twisting it around to look at the little anima on her back.
"Where do those with fins flee when the weather grows cold? Do they grow legs and walk away,
do they grow wings and fly? Or do they freeze in the ice, waiting all winter for the thaw and freedom?"
Marvk shook his little head and hopped to and fro on her shoulder to urge her along.

"You're not a fish, and I don't think they grow wings or legs, I guess they just--"

"We grew wings," Rohindal said softly, her mournful expression sent a chill unrelated to cold water up
and down Marvks spine. The bird was trying to think of a way to respond when he saw Rohin's
attention flutter away from him for just a moment. He turned his downy head toward the shore
where a curious pup and her anima were watching them carefully.

"Ro get up," he said softly. The little Goldfinch was actually surprised when his counterpart obeyed. Rohindal
hauled her dripping self to her paws, forcing her anima to hop to her head. The remains of Rohindals
wings fluttered for a moment, a thing borne of habit to help her balance. Though now with so little wight
on them it made almost no difference. So Rohindal swayed for a moment before Marvk felt her become
steady under his tiny talons.

Rohindal turned to stare at the new arrival, her head was tilted to the side slightly and her good
ear poised and listening.

"Innocence..." Rohindal whispered softly.

"Just walk away Ro... we don't want anyone to think that we're--"

"Dangerous?"

"I was going to say trespassing but we probably are doing just that." The bird paused and blinked,
he seemed to just realize that his friend was actually speaking with clarity. "Ro did-- what?"

"You're all confused," Rohindal chuckled, amused with something.
Back to top Go down
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

Mild Disinterest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:48 am

Koara shrank back a little, her anima was right, there's something strange about this wolf.. 'I want to go.' Kartal pressed, stepping uneasily behind his wolf. " I'm Koara!" She yipped, not easy to be deterred. She forced herself to stand tall. "This is Kartal." She introduced the bird now making it's way back around her. " Your not a Goldenleaf wolf. I smell it." She said, happy in her accomplishment. "trespassing.." Kartal said in a shaking voice, almost too quiet to hear. Koara ignored him, and instead tried to understand what the wolf ment. You're all confused. "I'm not confused." She said, taking a step closer, out of curiosity for this white wolf, white ragged patches and a torn ear, like nothing she ever saw. Kartal jumped up onto her head, and held his head low.

'I have bad feeling about this.' He whispered to his wolf. The pup ignored him yet again. He could hear her own thoughts, thoughts on her parents, this wolf, the bright grass, the big sky, that bug in the water, that weird smell coming off this wolf.. all at once. He sighed. 'Fine.' Koara's thoughts jumped to Kartal only for a second, but were back on the wolf again. " Whats your name?" She asked, sitting down in the dirt directly beside the water.
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

Mild Disinterest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 4:22 am

Kyota tried to jump for Koara, but missed, due to his leg giving away. He watched mournfully as she slipped through his paws. He turned back to Iceheart, and prodded her awake.

Iceheart sat up groggily. The pain in her leg had receded. She sensed that a pup was missing. She was able to stand up, and limp after the pup. She had practiced this before, in the Clan, where you had to find a way even if you were injured. She began to pick up speed.

Kyota stayed behind, to watch the pups. He knew that they were beginning to get too big to stay in the den. He thought for a moment, then changing into a pale dog, solemnly told them to come. He picked up the sleeping pups and, trying not to drag them, began to pull them towards the kill.

Iceheart tracked down the pup, Koara. She had noted that she was the adventurous one, and had tried to remember to keep her from straying. Well, she had clearly failed. She hoped that she wouldn't be in to much trouble for this.

She caught the scent of another wolf and froze. She inched towards Koara, and felt some freezing water run around her paws. She hesitated. She could let her leg heal properly, or she could risk it for the pup. Her mind said no, but her heart, which had seemed to be of ice, warmed and said yes. She decided to follow her heart. To often had she followed her heart, but this could be big.

She waded slowly into the water, wincing as she thought of what it would do to her leg, and blocked off the pup from the water and the wolf. She had heard her triumphantly yip about trespassing, but she knew she would have to do the enforcement. She hissed over her white shoulder to Koara and Kartal "You're in big trouble". She turned to the other wolf, a female. She hoped to be looking into it's eyes, but she was off, gazing at it's wings instead. "What business do you have on Goldenleaf territory?" she growled.

She didn't realized how she looked. she had never been careful about grooming, but now that she had lost her sight, it was worse. Her long coat was stringy and matted. It was also tangled with twigs, not to mention muddy from the combination of dirt from the den, and the water and snow. The cast was coming off as well. Her eyes were totally gray-white, and yet she had no idea.

(woot! 430 words. I think we should post in this topic now, instead of "the new topic!"
Back to top Go down
http://fireandice.friendhood.net
Amber
Pup
Pup
Amber

Female

Mild Disinterest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 3:50 am

Marvk winced, as if a sharp pain had suddenly attacked his chest...
they were in trouble. If Rohindal was caught talking to a pack pup... she was scary
enough from afar. From experience he knew that very few packs welcomed Rohindal
with an open mind. Wolves as out of their minds as Ro were often perceived as vastly
dangerous, liable to explode in to bursts of uncontrollable rage without any warning.
How unfairly funny it seemed, that the vast majority was actually the opposite.
Rohindal was quite an easygoing and docile creature, and had trouble hurting and animal
to feed herself. Marvk doubted she would ever do any harm to anything. Of course
though, wolves stuck with their stereotype... better safe than sorry right?

Marvk had turn his attention to the anima on the pups head. The creature had shifted
into a finch-form similar to his own preferred shape. The little goldfinch has just
opened his beak to speak, but of course his untimely friend beat him to words.

"Goldenleaf? No dear one... leaves are green until the trees shiver and shake
them loose. Only then are they gold, and now the trees are bare..."
Rohindal paused,
shifting herself to face the little pup completely. "Not confused are you then?" Rohin
asked, tilting her head to the side. "Well that's good. It's hard to do things when you can't
think straight. Hard to walk when the world is twisting and turning and slipping out of
comprehensions grasp. Yes, it is good you are thinking right little one. You will tread many
grasses and rocks with a keen mind."
Rohindal then lowered her voice, as if speaking a
secret, "Be weary young one, and expect the unexpected. You never know when the world
might twist in a way you didn't ever expect. So you must know! So you must conform to that
twist and beat the work at its own game!"

Marvk squeezed his eyes shut for a few long seconds... at least she was almost making sense.
Pups seemed to bring a bit of reality back to his fragmented counterrpart.

"Her name is Rohindal, really just Rohin or Ro. She doesn't respond much to her full name.
I'm Marvk, and I apologize if we're trespassing. Ro doesn't really--"

Marvk felt Rohindal twitch beneath him, and looked around for whatever has caused her
discomfort. His little black eyes had fallen to the water... ripples. Another wolf was approaching.
The she-wolf moved quickly through the water, obviously concerned for the safety of the
pup that Rohindal was so keen on socializing with. "What business do you have on Goldenleaf territory?"
the wolfess growled. Marvk grimaced... wonderful.

"The trees are bare,"
Rohin reminded quietly, unaware that this white wolf hadn't
been listening to the rest of her conversation. "There is no gold leaf."

Marvk winced again, "Really," he said calmly, "We mean no harm. The only business we
have here is walking. This is Rohindal, and I'm Marvk. I apologize for intruding upon your lands,
Ro doesn't really pay attention to boundaries. And because I cannot sway her thoughts or, for that matter
her paws, in another direction I must follow her. Please, we meant you no offense."
The
little goldfinch held his breath, awaiting some kind of reply. The anima had given this speech
many times before, and it was not his wording that worried him.
Rather, it was this wolf's immediate determination of exactly how dangerous Rohindal
really was. And whether or not to allow the pair to leave with a warning, or to reprimand them in some way...
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

Mild Disinterest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 4:23 am

Iceheart tilted her head at the riddling answer. This wolf must be out of her mind! She took a step forward, and grimaced as her leg gave away. She was just able to catch herself before she was swept away. She lifted her head and growled, for there was something she didn't like about this Ro. how she wished she could see, or at least have Kyota by her side to tell her! But she couldn't do anything about that now. "You are on Goldenleaf territory. You must either leave or join." She narrowed her eyes, waiting for the wolf's choice. She backed a little bit out of the water, until it lapped around her paws, and held her injured limb out of the water. She didn't realize that this made her seem weaker.
Back to top Go down
Mudpelt
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf
Mudpelt

Female
Pig Aquarius

Pet : Name: Kunamition
Species: Hawk
Picture: Mild Disinterest 2nai368

Mild Disinterest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 5:59 am

( havn't posted in awhile. and yeah Amber your writing rox my socks lol)

Anaya had been staring at a little daisy just outside her den. Briss was having fun changing forms. Mouse, squirel, lizard, anything he saw going by. All of a sudden Anaya saw Koara emerge from the den.
" I don't think you should do that," Anaya said nervously, always the nervous and rule abider. Unfortuanly Koara was too far away to hear Anaya's warning.
Anaya stared off at her sister as she headed down to the lake. ' We should go with her, I;m bored,' her anima Briss said.
' I don't know, we could get in trouble,' she answered. The conversation stopped there as the big wolf that had been looking after her and her siblings charged out after her sister. ' See, she'll go get her,' Anaya said smuggly. She wanted to look at her daisy some more. But that too was jerked away from her as the female wolf's anima started to drag her and her brother off.
" No, stop. Let me go," she whined. She wanted her flower back. Briss, sencing she wanted freedom, bit down on the anima. He was a squeirel at this point, he liked the bushy tail, so it probably hurt when he bit down. Anaya didn't wait for the anima to let go, she proceded to squirm and squirm until she was loose.
She then padded over to the daisy. " No, we are going to see what Koara wanted to see," Briss said stubborninly. Anaya, the pushover, took one sad look at her flower and then turned direction and heaed down to the lake.
As the neared the water, Anaya could tell that her curious sister had spotted a stranger wolf. She stopped in her tracks, but immediatly became mobil again when Briss shoved her forward. As clutsy as she was, the push made her go into a full out tumble. She rolled right past her sister, and with a distraught squeak ended in the cold water. Briss stood on the shore, laughing his little head off.
Back to top Go down
http://coldbloods.forumotion.net
Amber
Pup
Pup
Amber

Female

Mild Disinterest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 6:45 pm

"You are on Goldenleaf territory. You must either leave or join."

Not much leniency eh? All the same, it was better to have a choice rather than just simply
being run out of the territory. Marvk was about to say, happily, that they would leave
without a moments hesitation. But his little bird eyes fell upon the pup that had so
cautiously and then so boldly approached his Rohindal. Rohin tilted her head to the side and
rolled her eyes backwards to look innocently at her tiny anima. Marvk's words, whatever
they might have been, were halted in their tracks. Her moment of sanity, the words that almost
made sense. It was like music to his ears... perhaps she could find a home here? Maybe with
some young around she could heal? Recover from whatever it was that had scarred her so.

Rohindal was either too insane to remember exactly what had cost her her wings or she didn't
remember at all. Marvk, when he really put his mind to it, gleaned a few horrid glimpses. Sometimes
a face or a flaming paw would flash through a dark star littered sky. But the images never remained
and left the goldfinch even more confused than before. It was this dark spot in the memories that he
and Rohindal shared where Marvk found his only true moments of desperation and impatience.
It was their life wasn't it? So what creature, what being had the right to snatch away memories like that?!
And furthermore what unholy beast would be wretched enough to...! Marvks thoughts trailed off as his sad
optics rested on the remains of what had once been glamorous wings. Oh yes... he could remember what
they had looked like. He remembered many dreams, too real to be dreams, of his counterpart flying alongside
him in a great open sky. She needed a home, other wolves who would pity her, take care of her... be her friends.
Who better than an open-minded pup? Marvk looked at Rohindal and tilted his head in a similar fashion.

'We could try and stay you know...' he thought quietly. 'You could make a home here. You could try?
Maybe there's somebody here who can help you more than I can.'

Rohindal looked slightly perplexed, 'You are my sunshine. What will I do if your rays fade away?'
Rohindal sat herself down once more, now totally oblivious to the crowd gathering around her.
'The green will not flourish. They will wither. Yes they will twist and writhe without you. They will
grow less and less. They will wrinkle, lose color. No, I must have the sun... I must have the sun Marvk.'

'I won't be leaving you of course!'
Marvk assured comfortingly. 'I'll be right there always,
by your side. I won't ever leave you.'

'Golden leaves are on the ground... they are stuck under the trees. Stuck in the darkness.
They cannot see or understand the white leaf that flutters into their lands. It is hard for the sun to
shine through trees Marvk. Hard for the sun to reach me when I'm covered with ignorance.'

Marvk almost hated to leave the presence of the two, whatever they did or the way they spoke or sat...
It made Rohindal different. He speech was almost poetic, it had structure, they were complete if not
just a tad cryptic. But she didn't want to stay... not with them anyways. And then she looked at the
wolfess that opposed them and Marvk felt a wave of something he hadn't quite expected. A single
concentrated emotion that he hadn't felt from Rohindal in a long time. It was distrust. She didn't trust this wolfess.

Rightly so probably, the white wolf before them was anticipating their retreat. Not their joining of her pack.
No. If they were to join another pack then it would need to be in a better way. They shouldn't meet
the residents by trespassing, but by a howl at the borders. No doubt their silence was making the other wolfess
a tad nervous by now. She had assumed a more... weak-looking position. Backed out of the water slightly with
what appeared to be and injured paw raised out of the chilly liquid.

"We'll leave." Marvk said, "C'mon Ro. I should have learned by now, lingering for too long in one
place is never a good idea."
He lowered his voice, "Especially for a strange wolf like you." The anima let
his goldfinch form melt in to the chocolate shape of an otter and he slid off of his companion, as if to urge her away from the pair.

Untimely as ever though, another pup joined the group... rolling directly in to the water. Rohindal seemed
slightly alarmed by this new development and without a thought or word she jumped forward. The insane
wolfess snatched up the little pup by the scruff, looking terrified as if the small wolf might have drowned if she
hadn't done otherwise.

Marvk had leapt toward his counterpart again and barked, "RO! Put her down! Now!"

The last thing they needed was for Rohindal to seem as if she were taking aggressive action against a
pack pup. They might have evaded further trouble in Rohin had simply placed the pup back in the water.
Instead she simply stared at Marvk, looking utterly confused and lost. What had she done wrong?
Why was her friend so upset and scared all of the sudden?! Rohindal's fur prickled and stood on end,
and her lowered her head just a tad, tail level with her back. What was happening?

((Aww ^_^ Thankyou!))

Back to top Go down
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

Mild Disinterest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:46 pm

{( omg.. Amber that post gave me chills! I'm really amazed, how do you come up with this? You'd be an amazing author!!! *awe* )}

The tan pup's head tilted to one side. Now she seemed a little confused, and had to think it out before saying anything. ' She means the leaves. Tree leaves. They're gone. Not gold.' 'She doent know Goldenleaf?' The pup was perplexed, after all, all she ever knew in her short life was Goldenleaf, the wolf pack, with the two leaders of brilliant gold and brown. Just like the leaves in Fall. To her, the alphas, her parents, were a mightly pair, who all must obey! The idea of a loner was new to her...

Kartal looked on as Koara listened to Rohin's words, quite interested. Her eyes squinted, like she was thinking hard. What are you thinking Koara...? He looked into her mind, and he saw how she was trying to comprehend what Rohindal was saying. He didn't understand it himself, but he consciously told himself to remember them, they sounded like powerful words indeed. Suddenly he felt a wave of energy come from Koara, and snapped himself back into the waking world to see Iceheart now standing beside them. " No.." Koara whispered, probably unaware she did so.
Koara go tot her paws, and took a few paces backwards, giving Iceheart room. She looked disappointed, after all this was getting to be exciting, things like this never happened before around the dens. Her tail was left drooping as she stared into the water at rohindal's paws. Kartal changed into the fimilar form of a mouse and hugged her ear. He couldn't do much else to cheer her up, when he knew what she wanted was to be allowed to talk to her new friend.

"You can get out of the water, it's fine." Kartal lifted his head to tell their pupsitter. Koara momentarily looked up at him, surprised. He never talked to another wolf beside her siblings yet, let alone a full sentence. Yet another surprise caught Koara off guard the next moment, in the form of her sister joining them in the water. " Anaya!" She jolted a step forward but stopped, eyes wide. Kartal froze, except for the twitching of his tail. 'Rohin grabbed her. Rohin grabbed her.' Koara was repeating, unsure what to do. She didn't know if she trusted her yet, but something inside her was keeping her paws rooted.... The words " we'll leave" coming from the strange wolf's anima didn't even dawn on her yet, all she was thinking about was this tense moment between all of them, and what would Iceheart do? Did she know? What do I do? Is Anaya ok? Where's Daddy?
Both she and her anima's tension relaxed though, when finnaly Marvk shouted at his wolf. Kartal, the tiny mouse anima's only response to all this was to close his tiny eyes and clutch Koara's leg, waiting for everything to just be over. Koara however, saw it differently, and that rooted feeling in her paws was released, and her mind cleared... for she had seen the look in Rohindal's eyes and finally understood.

In a a few pawsteps she was in the water, her tail bent and head tilted as she sniffed at Anaya in Rohindal's jaws. Kartal shivered, and looked around unsure on the bank. 'What are you doing?' ' I dont know.' Koara answered matter-of-factly. 'What?' Kartal now sounded confused, and his mind clouded. I should just stop trying, he told himself and remained where he sat. What will happen will happen, and he and Koara will deal with it when it happens. Right now, Koara wanted to be sure Anaya was ok, it didn't matter to her that Rohindal had picked her up, she knew it wasn't to hurt her but help her. She saw it in her eyes. She wouldn't worry except about Iceheart, who she tried her best not to look at for fear of what her eyes would tell her...

{( and sorry i didn't post earlier, been busy )}
Back to top Go down
Mudpelt
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf
Mudpelt

Female
Pig Aquarius

Mild Disinterest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:00 am

Anaya had only a moment of blissful peace before her world was again shook up. The strange wolf that she had seen before her tumble, had just picked her up. No one but her mother had ever picked her up before. And she prefered it stay that way. Her scent was alien and differnt.
Briss had ceased his laughing spree the minute Anaya had been snatched up. He could feel her yearn to be free from this strangers jaws, and he tried to help. " Let her go," was his only idea. He was just a small thing, what else was he susposed to do. His young, squirel claws was nothing to the white wolve's large, sharp talons.
Anaya was frozen as she always was when she was terrified. She wanted the comfort of her mother. Why wasn't the other blind wolf doing anything?
( ur welcome you deserve it )
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

Mild Disinterest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:57 pm

(I had a post, but it was written down. I had to restructure it cuz i forgot to save the spot. But now I lost it!! It was like three written pages too!)

"You can get out of the water, it's fine." Those words chilled Iceheart. She was in the water? Swirling.... Water..... "Rohin grabbed her" those words too. Her senses were weakened, so she must not have noticed Anaya slip by her. Should she go to fight the wolf? No. Force wouldn't work on this wolf, plus she's have to cross the water. She slowly stepped back out of the rushing water and mournfully smiled at Koara in thanks. Nobody knew it, not even Kyota, but Iceheart was afraid of water. The same element that Iceheart had once so loved, had betrayed her, had caused her downfall. Her friend, Clan, and maybe even now her pack, had been lost. Because of water. Iceheart took a deep breath. And her mind swirled as the words rushd to her mouth. Words that had remained unspoken for so long, as well as new ones. Unconsciously, she slipped back into the accent that she had tried to correct.

"Rohindal. Don't. Let Anaya go. I was exiled from my home because I supposedly drowned pups. I will tell you what happened, so you can learn from it...

"She is banished from here!" Those words echoed through me. I hadn't done anything wrong! I was then Icewing, the wolf who gave up all I could for the Clan, the wolf who could hunt whether it be dark and stormy, or a fair day. But a traitor stilll lurked. Brighttongue, had drowned the kits. I had tried to help, but I was overwhelmed by other wolves. Some died, and those deaths added to my crime. Brighttongue could talk anyone into anything, and the leader, in his grief, believed her. He exiled me, until either death or the falling of the Clan, whichever came last. Brighttongue had also convinced the Clan that I was cursed. Misforune and death followed me like my anima, Kyota, did. They renamed me Iceheart, for I must have a heart of ice to murder kits and kill my Clnamates. A few of my friends stood up for me, but I left.

Brighttounge was right. Misfortune does follow me. I was the only pup in my litter to survive. I was the only apprentice to make it to a warrior. Some of the Clan cats fell to sickness, and I was the wolf who had it first.

I wandered as a rouge, a wolf that doesn't follow Clan code, or live in a pack. Around me, everyone is happy, for now, but I can not be happy. I lost my friend in the downfall of the Clan, and lost another friend, even though not in the same way, death. I am alone. I was blinded, and my anima wasn't. I am blind. I was injured too, I broke my leg, because I couldn't see the way. I was handicapped.

I believe that Rohindal is much like me. She is blinded, and alone. Not even you, her soulmate, can penetrate into her world, and neither can Kyota. I can not see, but is Rohindal handicapped in any way? She is blind and alone, even though she can see, and she has you." Iceheart finished wearily. She had never told anyone of her past. A tear trickled down her white cheek, catching the light of the rising sun. The brilliant reds, oranges, golds, and blues were amazing, but lost on Iceheart, for she couldn't see it. "I try so hard," she whispered, "but what do you do when your best is not enough?"
Back to top Go down
Amber
Pup
Pup
Amber

Female

Mild Disinterest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 12:33 am

(( >_< I hate it when that happens! ))

Marvk waited, forced his moment of surprise and panic to subside, and watched.
Bolting forward could be seen as an offensive action, he needn't anger these Goldenleaf wolves
any more than he already had. His chocolate otter fur prickled as the first pup drew closer
to his counterpart. She sniffed cautiously at the small bundle of fur that Rohindal had so
quickly snatched up. Marvk stepped forward now, 'Put her down Ro... it's alright. Just set her down.'

Rohin looked desperately at her Anima, pleading with him with her eyes.
Was he insane?! Why would he ever consider asking her to do such a horrific thing?
The water! The water! The voices! They would get her! They had pulled the pup into their
chilly arms with naught but evil intent! And now Marvk wanted to return the victim to
its original snatchers? 'It's just water Ro. Just water. You're standing in it. I'm standing in it. It won't hurt anyone.'

Curious... Rohindal had never been afraid of water before, what was it now that troubled her so?
This sudden phobia of the liquid she had so recently been gleefully rolling in had impeccable timing.
Marvk was about to further assuage his counterpart when the Goldenleaf Wolfess spoke up.
Slowly, as she spoke, the little brown Anima slunk to Rohindal's leg and leaned up against it. Her eyes had
followed him for a few moments, but then were drawn towards the source of the words in the air.

Rohindal watched the speaker, pup still in her jaws, with a rather blank expression.
Though she seemed to be inattentive, her mind soaked up the information without fail...
no doubt to be regurgitated later in one of her frequent rambles. Marvk was a more careful listener though.
A mood change touched the air from static to mournful. The otters black beady eyes watched the pallid
sightless ones. Though devoid of color they showed no lacking of emotion. A tale of woe... they
seemed all too common these days. It seemed everyone had a secret, everyone had something to hide.

Marvk was about to offer his sympathies for the tragic story, but then indignation rose high in his chest and roared.
"Rohindal is not blind," he muttered with some resentment, "And she is never alone."
Denial? Perhaps. Maybe a better way to put it would be 'determined compassion for his loved one'.
'NEVER alone Ro. You'll never be alone! REMEMBER!' He urged, 'Remember that I will never leave your side!' But his
spoken words faltered when the wolfess continued.

'Souls must limp when the can no longer run free... they must drag themselves, through all
obstacles when their paws fail them. And when they find that their flesh and blood bodies can
no longer support their will to survive... then they find somebody to carry them.'

Marvk looked up at Ro, who had turned to stare at him quizzically. 'It is the rule of the world,' she murmured,
'It is what happens when the best becomes undermined.'

'And what are you doing dear one? What are we doing now?' Marvk asked, raising a single brow ever
so slightly. But Ro just stared at him, a slight frown touched her maw as if she didn't understand
what he was saying.

'A scorched sand, a grain of sanity, gives the everlasting his end. Dare we try to stop it?'

The nonsense had returned.

Marvk felt as if he might cry, for all the patience in the world could not cushion a repeated blow like this.
She had fallen back into her insanity. Fallen back in to her fragments. But to his relief she seemed unafraid
of the water now, and somewhat uncertainly, set down the pup. She seemed unsure of how the little bundle
had ended up in her mouth.

A long silence prevailed between them, and then an echo rang through the air.

"Handicapped?"

It was Rohindal that had spoken, realization dawning on her as her pale red eyes fell upon the white wolfess.
A touch of remembrance had been granted by the world and the fragmented wolf tilted her head once more.
"Dared to fly too close to the sun. Too close to see the sky but I'm drowning in it. Wings of wax
and gathered feathers." The remains of her wings twitched, aching to be whole and to once again
touch the heavens. "Put together carefully, worn with pride and omnipotence. I was warned,
warned by the gods that she burned and burned hot. Listened... I should have, drowning in the
sky, I couldn't see it. I wouldn't see it. The wax melted, the feathers burned. And I plummeted to
my demise. To this demise. An angel condemned to the earth," Rohindal took a step forward and
leaned close to the blind wolfess. "Rebuild thy wings and stretch them, the courage within thee shall aid thee.
Look for thy feathers and melted wax, and I shall continue my search as well. Don't fly too close to thy sun,
she burns... she burns hot."

Rohindal's ears suddenly perked up, and her attention was drawn by a hawk overhead.
Without uttering another word she gave a joyous yip and jumped after it. She turned,
away from the two pups and the mourning Goldenleaf wolfess and ran. She continued through
the lake for a few splashing moments and then let her wet pads hit solid ground.

Marvk had placed his forehead in one tiny hand and closed his eyes. He was torn between
laughing out loud, crying, and apologizing for their intrusion... so he did a little of all three. A strangled
chuckle wrestled its way out of his throat, and somewhat hoarsely he repeated, "We'll leave."

Without fail Rohindal found new ways to amaze her little counterpart. A stranger had suddenly
spilled what might have very well been her deepest and most guarded secret. She had just
narrowly escaped several unfriendly matters with a foreign pack and had probably given a small
pup some strange nonsense prophecy to build her belief off of... and yet she pranced away as
if she had never stopped. No doubt tomorrow would be the same.

Marvk waded to the shore, shucked his fur for the feathers of a duck. A few quick flaps sent
any remaining water flying from his well oiled plumage. Then, in a single fluid motion he
traded these wings for the smaller ones of his beloved Goldfinch form. And before a word
could be spoken, he was off again... chasing his counterpart to the end of the world.
Back to top Go down
Mudpelt
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf
Mudpelt

Female
Pig Aquarius

Mild Disinterest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 2:37 am

( God that was beutiful...confusing at times but VERY BEAUTIFUL )
Anaya, as she was hanging there, tried to make sence of the strange wolf's words. But her young pups vocabulary was sadly not advanced, so the rant had no meaning to her.
She was elated when, finally, she was released. Plopping into the water, she floundered for awhile and then stumbled/ran behind her sister. Briss raced into the water, getting his fur all wet and latched onto Anaya. ' I was so scared for you,' Briss squeaked in her mind. ' So was I,' she replied back. Anaya wanted her more than ever now, and she wondered if the wolf who was looking after them Anima had figured out she was no longer there.
With a grumble she also relized that she was starving.
" Koara, where's mother," she whined.
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

Mild Disinterest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 4:45 pm

Talking to an insane wolf (or was she?) seemed to help Iceheart. Somehow, had Starclan given her the ability? Or was it that she, as a wolf who has seen too much of the world, could identify with poor Rohindal? She gritted her teeth when Marvk tried to convince her otherwise, but said nothing. When anyone took on that voice, you couldn't argue. She struggled to bite back a reply. As broken down as she was, she was still a hot headed wolf.

When Rohindal spoke about souls, Iceheart knew what she wanted.As Rohindal spoke about finding her wings, Iceheart lifted her head and tail a little bit more. Those words gave her courage, and hope.

Iceheart wasn't paying attention to Mudpelt and the pups anymore, a ray of sunshine had pierced the darkness of Iceheart's mind. She wanted to follow Rohindal. She tore her unseeing gaze away to look at the pups, then back to Rohindal. She so wanted to follow, but would her leader and injury, nonetheless Rohindal or Marvk, allow her?

Rohindal darted away, and Marvk followed. No, this was not the right path for her paws. She must stay with the Goldenleaf, but if she was exiled her, she would follow, follow Rohindal to the end of the world and back. Rohindal was her wings, her hope. But now was not the time to find them.

Iceheart turned and limped back to the pups. "We must leave, young ones. We must go back to your mother." She scooped up the two pups in her massive jaws, and began to limp back to Mudpelt and Keovi....

(Amber- Lol, me too. I hate it when that happens.
Mud- I know how you feel. But somehow I could understand it... creepy)
Back to top Go down
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

Mild Disinterest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:31 pm

{( were all so amazed x3 Amber, you must've been part of a really advanced rp before you came here. Or your just an awesome writer... idk. =] )}

'oh no.' Kartal had to watch Iceheart break down, her memories of past tearing her apart it seemed. He looked blankly into her eyes, those eyes! Koara was right to keep her gaze from them. Those eyes upset the pair, they weren't sure why yet but they did. Koara stayed in the water, eyes glued to the ripples coming from Rohindal's feet through the two wolfess' conversation, just to avoid Iceheart's gaze. Kartal couldn't help but wonder what meaning these words were for Rohindal, why she would care. But she responded to it, and for some reason let the tiny pup in her jaws go. As briss jolted forward so did Kartal, his form creeping back into a goldfinch as he skimmed across the water's surface to join the two pups..
As he landed on Koara's head, her thoughts came drifting to him. ' I'm glad Nightwalker was born blind.' 'What? no your not, thats a bad thing.' Kartal countered. 'Well his eyes don't tell me stories like Iceheart's do. She saw things Kar.' He silently agreed, but stopped the conversation there. Koara had enough trouble for today, soon she would have to sleep it off.

Koara gasped when Rohindal suddenly jumped away, and gave a little jump herself. Anaya's words barely reached her, she just kept watched as Rohindal dissapeared through the trees. Her tail drooped, she was disapointed after all, nothing like this ever happens around the dens, she doubted it would happen again. 'Aw. Kar, why'd she have to go? ' Kartal was silent. He watched them too, feeling a little more comfortable now that he was around familiar souls, but waves of emotion coming from Koara upset him. Her thoughts were broken, and confused. She no longer knew what just happened, but whatever it was, she didn't like that it went away.'I.. theres something different. I dont know. Where's mommy..? huh.' Koara looked around, and her eyes met Anaya's " Oh, Uhm, Iceheart, where's mommy?" She turned to look at their pupsitter, her stomach not talking to her as well. A nice meal sounded great after all that. The pupsitter had scooped her and Anaya up, but she didn't protest. It let her think, and let all her confused thoughts settle. She hoped Iceehart would bring them food, or to their parents. "Both sound good." Kartal mumbled, out loud. He was trudging next to Iceheart, leaving that new form of a goldfinch for a marten as Takara so often used.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Pup
Pup
Amber

Female

Mild Disinterest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 4:54 am

((Aww ^__^ Thaaaaanks.))
((You guys make me fuzzy inside.))
((I've worked VERY hard to improve my writing skills.))
((Meaning I've found some really good friends.))
((Friends that pushed me forward ;D))
((Even when I thought I couldn't go any farther.))
((I've got a few special people to thank for where I am now :3))

Marvk cast a tentative glance over his yellowed wing, small beady eyes honing in
on the trio he had just departed. He wondered, wondered whether or not he had made
the right choices then. Wondered if maybe he should have pushed Rohindal into joining
the Goldenleaf pack? For so long he had followed her, pursued her over mountain, over water,
over plains vast and wide. Maybe just this once he should have made her follow him?
A home would be good for her, friends, maybe even a family. He knew he wouldn't mind
a certain roof over his head when it started to rain, or maybe some kill brought down
by a pack hunt. Most of all though he wanted conversation, wanted to talk with somebody
who could form a coherent sentence.

Marvk shook his head abruptly, and felt anger for himself rise high in his chest. He was being
selfish! Rohindal didn't want to be part of a pack! He did! He was thinking of himself
and not his love, his counterpart who needed his help! He had to be selfless, and his
reward would be the recovery of Rohindal. Something up there either liked them or
took pity on them and eventually his friend would be whole.

The little goldfinch found himself backtracking, so confused with his own thoughts. A shrill cry
alerted him to the closeness of the hawk Rohindal had been chasing. It made a dive at him
and Marvk let out a sharp curse and shifted into his own hawk form. The Anima buffeted his
opponent with broad golden eagle wings. After he was satisfied that the confused-looking
creature would not re-engage his attack Marvk descended. He traded in the bulky eagle form
for his nimble goldfinch form. The Anima wove skillfully between the trees Rohindal had disappeared into.

'One of a pair still runs. I fear the other might soon collapse. Come run Marvk. Run in case she needs you
to carry her.'

'Ro? Do you remember what just happened? Do you remember that conversation?'
Marvk was
slightly shocked to hear words related to the events that had just happened. Normally Ro
did what he called 'wipe'. For a while she might remember things, maybe not well
but she remembered them. And then without any pattern or apparent trigger she just
forgot them all. Like a broken reset button. Normally you could tell when a wipe occurred
because Ro would seem confused or blank. Never before, though, had he seen her recall something
so soon after a wipe.

However is inquiry got no satisfiable answer.

'Run Marvk,'
she whispered.

He could see her now, her colorless pelt a blur in the undergrowth. She stumbled
every now and then, nearly falling flat on her muzzle every time. But every time as Marvk
felt his heart skip a beat with hers, she would recover and keep running.

Marvk caught up to her, he hesitated a moment longer, watching the terrain ahead. When
he found a small opening he shifted in the air. Carrying his momentum from flight
a silver tabby cat fell to the forest floor. His pads hit the ground at a run. By now he
knew not to ask where they were going, just to be glad that they were going somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

Mild Disinterest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 6:22 am

Iceheart and Kyota raced through the shadowy forest. The pair strived to catch up to Rohindal and Marvk. Iceheart's paws moved faster and faster, becoming a blur. They reached the border of the forest, and pushed on. Iceheart briefly paused at the top of a ridge, trying to catch the scent. The wind streamed through her ivory ruff, and she stood, framed by the aurora of the sunrise, as if an spirit overlooking their haubts. She plunged down the esker, continuing on their fleeting quest. The pair raced towards their quarry, striving to overtake the capricious wolf and her logical anima.

Iceheart stretched out her neck and lengthened her stride, as to over take the pair sooner. They drew evevn to Rohindal, and passed on. They swerved and cut her off, slightly ahead, so Rohindal and Marvk could stop.

"Rohindal, wait." Kyota and Iceheart spoke in unison, for they were still one being. Iceheart spoke alone now, and the images mentally sent to her wavered. "I wanted to say thank you. You have set me free. from myself" The picture of Roindal surprised her. She looked quite like Iceheart, only more slight. She had curious ruby red eyes, but didn't Iceheart herself have flat, emotionless silver eyes? Rohindal also had what looked like the singed remains of wings, and realization rushed to icehearts head. So this is why somehow, Rohindal had talked about wings. 'Her fur is also neater' Kyota smirked. Iceheart gave a slight shake of her head, and he turned serious. But Iceheart couldn't help a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Pup
Pup
Amber

Female

Mild Disinterest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 9:15 pm

'And then the pawsteps of the few became the pawsteps of the many.'

'They coursed and they writhed in unison. So greatly so that now power,'

'No whisper no force, no order and no pain could stop them.'

'Give mine wings strength, give mine heart courage.'

'Give thine tears courage.'

'And give their steps meaning.'

'Feel a sense of virtue and creed.'

'Ah yes, the fiery grain that once swallowed can never be removed.'

Marvk remained silent throughout the entire little... poem, I guess you could
call it. He had learned not to interrupt her, and usually didn't want to.
While it might take a skilled eye and a whole mind connected to the chaos
to really understand any of the ramble there was something always
beautiful and poetic about it. At times Rohindal babbled with eloquence and
a vocabulary that astounded little Marvk out of his wits. It seemed that
even with the loss of her complete mind she had been given a tremendous gift.
Her words, at these times, were not uncertain and slow. It was like she
was speaking another language, the language of insanity. Like she didn't
care who or what heard her, for she was just an artist who would not be stopped
creating.

The silver tabby waited in silence, mulling over her words at a quick run. It
was almost like a game. Every time she fed him some nonsense he would try to
make sense of it. And oh his joy when he did! During those brief moments when
he would inquire and she would give him a smile or a nod, or another form of 'yes'!
Yes! Yes! Yes! He knew that at some level he could understand her! And know that
even while broken she was not truly lost! That their connection still went deeper
than vague feelings and words. But meaning! And true emotion behind a word,
the heart behind a noise was its true definition!

'And oh! Oh but a shame! A shame! A shame!'

'Twas a sham this idea!'

'For what he hath done he shall pay!'

'And what a shame they shall say! What a shame!'

'A shame that he hath fallen prey to thy sham!'

'Thy assassination, thy reputation and thy fortification!'

'Thy ideals were naught but aberration!'

'And all thy admiration were naught but apparitions!'

'And thy dedication to thy education of the art of assassination,'

'All shall fade with desperation,'

'And end with the decapitation of thy head.'

Marvk laughed out loud then, shaking his own head and thanking the world
that it was still attached. Not driven away and off his shoulders by the nonsense.
It heartened him to hear her speak so vehemently, so passionately about
what seemed to be absolutely nothing at all! She might not have had an aim
but she shot for the stars anyways.

His joy was abruptly cut short though as his delicate tabby nose caught a scent.
She was after them. Possibilities raced through his mind, a hunt, chasing Rohindal down.
Making sure she truly left... no there was only two. And both bore a similar scent, the wind to
his back brought the smell of an Anima and its wolf. Just as quickly as it had brought this
small touch of information it snatched it away. The breeze shifted to brush gently against his face.

Gone or not, it was too late to react or warn Rohindal. The pair had overborne them already.
They doubled back, the white wolfess of Goldenleaf and what was, apparently, her Anima.
Rohindal skidded to a halt, ending up with her side facing both wolfess and Anima instead of
her forepaws. Marvk might have laughed at the bold pose she then assumed.

Her head was held high and her fur ruffed out in a proud demeanor. Her paws
were set firmly in the ground, planted as though they might never move.
Her ragged pallid banner rose high behind her and her eyes gazed evenly at the
pair in front of them.

He might have laughed, but this was not the time for laughing. Not until they found
the reason for this sudden reappearance.

"Rohindal, wait."

'It seems we are doing so already,'
Marvk remarked quietly to his counterpart, a silvered
brow was raised ever so slightly.

"I wanted to say thank you. You have set me free. From myself."

'You do seem to have that effect on people Ro. You spew words and phrases at them
and then they somehow find meaning in it. I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps
you're quite sane and are just playing with us all. Have you found a language
for each of us? What you spoke to this wolfess I could scarcely glean its meaning!
But she! You have set her free from herself she says! She seems to have
deciphered the message completely! Or is it just that they are searching so
desperately for an answer that they see only what they want to see in your words?
That they see something that really isn't there at all?'

Rohindal stared intensely at her argent Anima who, in turn, stared right back.
His heart skipped a beat when he saw, or thought he saw, a small grin touch her
maw.

Doing this left Marvk shocked into silence. A silence that left the wolfess and her
Anima in suspense for an answer for as long as he remained dumbfounded.

Marvk stared for a few heartbeats more at his companion, and then blinked rapidly.
As if to clear his mind he shook his head slightly and turned to the two in their path.
"You're welcome?" he said somewhat uncertainly. What else was it that
they hoped to accomplish here?

Last edited by Amber on Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

Mild Disinterest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:45 pm

There was a long silence, and Iceheart shifted uncomfortably. Then Marvk spoke:

"Your welcome?"

That response surprised Iceheart. He sounded unsure. She sighed. "Marvk. I truly have Rohindal to thank. She should have died, but she went on, changed. When I went blind, or dislocated my leg, it wouldn't have killed me. Yet I treated my misfortunes as such. I would like to follow Rohindal, because she gave me hope, courage, and myself back. Rohindal, this iis YOUR choice, not Marvk's. Choose as you see fit." Iceheart sat, awaiting the eccentric wolf's answer.

Last edited by Icestar on Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Amber
Pup
Pup
Amber

Female

Mild Disinterest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 4:13 am

"Marvk. I truly have Rohindal to thank. She should have died, but she went on, changed.
When I went blind, or dislocated my leg, it wouldn't have killed me. Yet I treated my misfortunes
as such. I would like to follow Rohindal, because she gave me hope, courage, and myself back.
Rohindal, this is YOUR choice, not Marvk's. Choose as you see fit."

Marvk hesitated, looking back up at his counterpart. Died? It tore at his heart when
he even considered the fact that he had gotten that close to losing her. Yes she changed,
although whether or not it was for better or for worse was still in conflict.

Rohindal had remained passive, seemingly unaware of the decision that had been laid out
before her. Still though, her paled red eyes rested lightly on the blind wolfess before her
and her ears were perked, not elsewhere, but forward.

`It makes me weary, how quickly this wolfess would give up a home, family and friends Ro.'
Marvk murmured to his counterpart, his brow furrowing slightly at the difficult situation.
He could not deny this she-wolf without undermining Rohindal's right to make a choice.
And yet he wasn't sure if Ro was well enough to make the choice that would be best for everyone.
She tilted her head to the side just a touch, as if she were contemplating something.
Marvk looked up at her curiously. 'You didn't trust her before, remember? I felt it from you.'
He reminded her gently.

'I speak not to sway your opinion, love. Only to caution you...'
He spoke to his companion
carefully, putting as much force behind his words as possible. She needed to understand him now.
This was no trivial decision, so it should not be treated like one. Her next words could very
well alter the course of her life.

"Before you strove with passion. Put loyalty afore desire..."

"You never questioned an order,"

"Nor put a thought to what a command might require."

"A paw, a leg, your blood be spilled. You followed without fail."

"Have ye changed so much that your friends now plea to no avail?"

"For those you now protect will fear,"

"Unsure of your path, your journey, your trail..."

"To leave without goodbye, tis a grievance upon the heart."

Marvk traded his tabby stripes for a gold-brown pelt, and then for dark bengal spots.
Often he would unconsciously shift his appearance while puzzling out Rohindals words.

"She means to ask you, would you not miss your friends and family?
And wonders if you feel ashamed that you leave your duties behind so freely?
She wants to know if you want to be more like the wolf you were before, or
if you intend to make a new life for yourself."
The small cat paused and then
added, "She's right though, don't you have friends and family at your home?
Wolves who would miss you if you suddenly disappeared?"
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

Mild Disinterest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 4:16 am

Iceheart turned her head away. She had never thought of that. She gazed up to the skies out of habit, praying for answers. She spoke at last, knowing these words could determine her fate. "No. I had wolves that cared for me, but they weren't friends. True friends are your equals, and there is a unspoken bond, much like you and your anima. I didn't have a family either. Even before I joined the Goldenleaf. They betrayed me, and then died. Nay, I have neither friends nor family. I also had no responsibilities. I was a subordinate, a weak wolf, once strong, crippled by fate and disease. I do not know about my life changing, but I know I cannot go back to what I once was. I can come close. I am unsure if that is the decision for me." She was surprised at her words. Not half a moon ago, she would have attacked this wolf. Everything had changed so much.

Kyota sent her a comforting thought, and nuzzled her head with his tiny maw. 'Everthing will be okay' He answered the part Iceheart had forgotten. "I can fly back. The snow has let up enough. Iceheart and I no longer wish to stay in one place, We wish to travel, but will pause, for only you."
Back to top Go down
Amber
Pup
Pup
Amber

Female

Mild Disinterest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 5:35 pm

It puzzled Marvk... her answer. She had said true friends were your equal?
Equal with what? Skill? Fighting technique, wit or charm? He couldn't say
he exactly agreed with those words; however, he found it out of his place
to say anything about it. He needn't go arguing over the definition of
friendship with this wolf, but her ideals and thoughts differed so from his!
He knew they would have trouble getting along... but if Rohindal chose her
to become their traveling companion he would not disagree. It was likely
that the little Anima would do anything for his love.

Speaking of her, Rohindal had taken to a keen observation of what the wolfess
looked like. As if for the first time Ro took account of how tall she was, the state
of her fur, how well her muscles were toned, and of course those blank
unseeing eyes. Right now the wolfess was looking rather shabby, not that
Rohindal looked terribly better but it seemed Ro did a bit more running
than this wolf. She shifted, head tilted to the side like a curious owl. Her gaze
shifted to the Anima. It was something of a mystery to see one that wasn't
your own. Simply an animal nestled by the sightless wolfess. It was strange
to see one and not have it be privy to your thoughts and emotions.

Marvk saw Rohindal thinking some more and took advantage of the pause.

"She doesn't eat much," he warned. "Sometimes I think she forgets that
she has to in order to survive. Moving won't be a problem, she does that
plenty. Eating is the only thing that might be trouble. She goes on long fasts...
some of them have ended terrifyingly with me rushing to hunt many small animals
to bring her..."
there was a short silence, Marvk had been about to dissuade the
sightless wolfess from coming along further. But his next topic had been her
leg, one of his real concerns. Rohindal moved fast, and only slowed when she wished
or after another hour of hard running with his coaxing for a slower pace.
She didn't recognize or realize tiredness or pain. Long stretches of Rohindals all
out runs wouldn't be good for the injured leg he had seen on this wolfess.

'They will still wish to come with you dear one, I don't think their minds will
change with you just waiting about. I don't think they're good to have along.
Wolves normally don't just leave a pack like that, she said that her friends
were her equals. You are both distinctly different, other than the color of
your fur I'm having difficulty finding any similarities!'
The little tabby cat
by Rohindals paws sighed and ruffed up his fur against the chill.

Rohindal gave a sharp exhale, a noise between a scoff and a sneeze.
She spoke then, her decision nearly made.

"Look to her neck Anima," she commanded, "Know, see and share
that her neck is and will remain bare. No collar to bind her,
no leash to keep her, only you and herself to mind."

Marvk's fur prickled.

"Look to me and see no tether between us. The grains of time
already whirl in the air, blazing hot auspicious, suspicious.
It is difficult and dangerous to walk in a sandstorm, and we,"

she paused awkwardly to motion at Marvk, "Are always covered in sand."

"Should your will prove inefficient enough to weather through
the weather you be blown back here with the rest of your leaves...
whatever color they be. Avein azar, luktath-ien Iceheart condemned."

Marvk grimaced.

"Fly to what was once your pack if you wish. Tell them you are leaving.
But if I were you I would fear for my safety, I hope your
pack leader is gracious and without need of you... Come
with us if you so desire. But if you cannot abide by the way we live
then there is nothing to keep you from coming back here.
It might be better to disappear suddenly if you ever wish to return.
Wolves are more forgiving of the unknown than the known."

"The cavern growls,"
Rohindal muttered, and she glanced about the forest
floor as if looking for something.
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

Mild Disinterest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 3:36 pm

"She doesn't eat much, Sometimes I think she forgets that
she has to in order to survive. Moving won't be a problem, she does that
plenty. Eating is the only thing that might be trouble. She goes on long fasts...
some of them have ended terrifyingly with me rushing to hunt many small animals
to bring her..."

"I don't care" Iceheart answered defiantly. "I can help find food, maybe even persuade Rohin to eat." The wolfess unconsciously stood, and paced, her large paws, made for running, never had let her sit still. She moved, not even answering when Kyota scolded her to remember her manners.

"Look to her neck Anima,Know, see and share
that her neck is and will remain bare. No collar to bind her,
no leash to keep her, only you and herself to mind."

"Look to me and see no tether between us. The grains of time
already whirl in the air, blazing hot auspicious, suspicious.
It is difficult and dangerous to walk in a sandstorm, and we,

Are always covered in sand."

"Should your will prove inefficient enough to weather through
the weather you be blown back here with the rest of your leaves...
whatever color they be. Avein azar, luktath-ien Iceheart condemned."

Iceheart silently contemplated over these riddling words. Yes, she could half understand what they meant, but the last part totally lost her. She tentativly asked "What does avein azar, luktath-ein Iceheart condemned mean?" Icehearts mind was thinking about the leaves of her memories being blown back. In a storm. Yes, she would stand and fight this battle, to the bitter end. she would control her flashbacks, sharing only what she chose. Nay, her mind would not take control of her again.

"Fly to what was once your pack if you wish. Tell them you are leaving.
But if I were you I would fear for my safety, I hope your
pack leader is gracious and without need of you... Come
with us if you so desire. But if you cannot abide by the way we live
then there is nothing to keep you from coming back here.
It might be better to disappear suddenly if you ever wish to return.
Wolves are more forgiving of the unknown than the known."

"I will send Kyota, for I did abandon my post. I will suffer at their paws through Kyota, for I have done the pack wrong." Iceheart hung her head. The wolfess stifled a yawn, but not a growling of her belly. She hadn't eaten for several days, nor slept for very long. Kyota shifted into a eagle, still oddly white, and took off, winging through the dawn...
Back to top Go down
Snowest
Beta
Beta
Snowest

Female
Pet : Mild Disinterest BPz4
Name: Night

Mild Disinterest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 4:01 am

(Lol, snowest was asleep for a long time)

Snowest awoke to sounds outside her den. Talking. Jack was asleep next to her, not yet awake. In a fit of madness Snowest burst out of her den next to Keovi and Ice's anima, eyes shining with insanity. Then she bounded away laughing, not caring where she went. As the insanity faded Snowest realized that she didnt know where she was. And that Jack was not by her side. Snowest stopped when she once again heard voices. Snowest peered through some bushes, it was two wolves. It took a moment but Snowest reconized one. It was Iceheart. Then Snowest realized that she was still laughing loudly, she hastily closed her mouth. But Snowest couldnt stop it, instead she fell to the ground in hysteric giggles. Part of Snowest's mind, possibly Jack, tried to tell Snowest to be quiet. In a few moments Snowest rolled out from behind the bushes, right into Ice's and the other wolf's veiw. Finnaly Jack got through and Snowest's eyes' crazy gleam faded, causing Snowest to stop giggling and realize what a fool she must have looked like to Ice and the other wolf. She lay there, on her back, staring at the new wolf with curiosity, when she noticed that torn up wings she wondered a bit how that happened. How strange the new wolf looked..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mild Disinterest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mild Disinterest
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wolves of the Dawn :: Archives :: 2009 Archives-
Jump to: