Wolves of the Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mild Disinterest

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Amber
Pup
Pup
Amber

Female

Mild Disinterest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 4:40 am

"Velaer ot em sleepa, Marvk pray tell thee? Morrow shall we stride against the sun?"
Rohindal was murmuring softly. Her tail swished lightly behind her, and Iceheart's question
went blatantly unanswered. Marvk hadn't given her any clue as to what the
strange words might have meant. It was as if Ro believed she was speaking some magical
incantation, performing some rite or ritual. Perhaps one of bonding... or perhaps there
was simply no meaning behind it at all. Many things were as such, and Marvk would
find himself near insanity with all of this pondering gone hither and thither when
his soul mate spoke with nary a true meaning.

As the pallid eagle went winging into the air Marvk watched, and was forced to accept
that these two were coming with them. Too lost was he, to notice his beloved stiffen
beside him. Too thoughtful our little feline was to sense her discomfort, and attempt
to see as she saw. Rohindal could hear another, a maddened laughing ringing through
the air...

"And that laugh though the air, full of his insane glee,"
"With that laugh he did reap painfully upon me,"
"Resounding in my skull, confounding my wits!"
"For what creature should be as malicious as thee!"
"Expounding nothing! Creating Voices so ABOUNDING!"
"SHOULD YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS HARM ME!"
"Your sadistic nature be greater I find it astounding!"
"For nothing is greater than the evil surrounding!"

Rohindal had spoken very quietly at first, but her words were rock solid and spoken
with determination and sick horror. Slowly though, her voice climbed and her words
and actions with words became vehement! She hissed and spat every syllable, thus
bringing Marvk to sense her sudden torrent of emotions! Such sudden violent feelings
that desecrated the barren lands of her torn mind made the little tabby nauseous!
The two felt as if they might retch with the sheer and utter horror and terror!
Marvk steadied himself on his counterpart's leg, forcefully swallowing the bile
that had exalted itself in his throat. Never before had she felt like this, he could not
remember anything like this!

The Anima felt himself grow dizzy and he unconsciously lost control of his tabby-form.
Instead he slipped into the similar appearance of a raccoon. With newfound hands he
clutched at his love and whispered to her gently,

"Peace Rohindal! Peace dear one! You are safe! Swallow whatever it is that has
upset you so! Or do share with me the wrong so I may make it right once more!"

The Anima stroked her colorless fur, offering comforting thoughts and calm feelings
to abate the sudden rush of negativity. It was then that he heard the laughing,
a laugh that rang a sudden bell. Like a new friend who sounded like and old enemy...

And when suddenly the new wolfess had fallen from the bushes and into their sights
Rohindal did jump so high! With a savage howl she landed a few paces back and
laid upon the newcomer a feral snarl! Marvk looked to the harmless wolf, she had stopped
her meaningless laughter, and showed no signs of aggression. But Rohindal did not see
the newcomer, she saw only the old enemy.

Marvk found her emotions so strong, so intense! It was difficult to separate his logic
from her enormous feeling. He felt as if he must flee from this creature, or defend
himself! All of these feelings seeped over their connection, feelings that Marvk had
never felt so condensed in the recollection of his lifetime.

"Peace!" Marvk barked at Rohindal. But she did little to calm herself.

"Flee Marvk! Flee as you once did so well! I fear he has returned!"
"His vile being, his sheer presence enough to make any pure retch!"
"I fear! I vehement, I lament his being back!"
"I fear he will steal your sky from you!"

Whatever creature Rohindal saw before her, it was not the pack-mate that Iceheart
would see, nor the stranger that Marvk looked upon. Feeling there was little other option,
lest his darling spring into action, he climbed upon her back. Without a drop of fear or hesitation
he sidled onto her head, covered her eyes and murmured softly. Whatever he might have
said had no direct meaning. The words and syllables were meshed together in a drunken
and calming lull. So intertwined with one another they lost all shape and form.
Whatever they had begun as in Marvk's mind, they calmed Rohindal down.

So much so that her hackles lowered, her aggressive stance drooped, and she rested
herself upon the forested floor. A minute or two of silence passed by, where Marvk
forced his breathing to be slow and calm... and so Rohindal mimicked him.

Only when he opened his eyes did he speak, his gaze accusing. Perhaps, if he had not been
in the company of wolves blind and lost mind one might have spotted the telltale shine
of fear in his optics.

"Who are you?"

He demanded.

The only thing that kept him from ordering this new wolf to leave was his practiced tongue,
and his well groomed mind.

Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 3:37 am

Iceheart sighed. The undecipherable words began to irritate her. Now she knew how Nightwalker felt when she blatantly answered things like "I see". She heard Snowest coming, and side by side with Rohindal, her hackles raised.

Rohindal's voice began to take on the form of a fit, but Marvk calmed her down. Rohindal spoke as soon as Iceheart opened her mouth to do so. So instead, she backed up Rohindal's words with a snarl. She knew from Kyota's mental messages that she was no longer part of the Goldenleaf.
Back to top Go down
http://fireandice.friendhood.net
Snowest
Beta
Beta
Snowest

Female
Pet : Mild Disinterest - Page 2 BPz4
Name: Night

PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 5:09 am

Snowest no longer knowing what to do jumped up and bounded away, paws thuding on the ground. In a second she ran into Jack. Panting they ran back to their den.
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 3:08 am

Iceheart calmed down as Snowest bounded away.

Kyota flew back, the meat clutched in his claws. He dropped down, setting the meat at Iceheart's paws. She tore savagely at the meat, feeling the life pouring back in her limbs. Unconsciously, she shoved the remains, about one fourth of what was brought, to Rohindal.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Pup
Pup
Amber

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:45 pm

Rohindal calmed once the strange wolfess had gone. As if it had been
weighed down by a pile of stones her tail had drooped. Now though it sprung back into the
air and waved innocently… as if the sudden stance of violence she recently portrayed
had never occurred. Marvk turned his masked gaze over his shoulder to his counterpart
and heaved a great sigh.

“I suppose that’s the last we’ll be seeing of the Goldenleaf for a while, love,”
he murmured. “Probably a good thing too, I’m sure they won’t be too happy with us
for a while… stealing away a packmate and all.”
His voice dropped slightly in his last
sentence, unsure of how sensitive Iceheart might be with the subject. The raccoon melted
into a fox, the grays were traded in for rusty orange-red but his black socks and mask remained
the same. His great brush was tipped with a splash of white. Both of their stomachs growled
audibly when the food was pushed in their direction and Marvk cast a tentative glance to Rohindal.

After a moment of hesitation the Anima stepped away from the food and
beckoned her forward with his tail. “Go on then, love. You’re hungrier than I am.
I can catch something later, go on.”
Rohindal tilted her head questioningly at her counterpart
and then padded forward. Her pale ruby eyes lingered on the meat suspiciously, as
if she were afraid to go near it. But with each step she took she seemed to embolden and
hunger overpowered any mislead instinct of fear. Rohindal settled next to the meal daintily,
crossing her paws over the bloodied haunch before sinking her canines into the food.

Marvk felt his expression twitch into something of a smile as he felt Rohindal funnel the
feeling of food into him. It was simultaneously a cruel and loving gesture. She knew he would not
touch the food while she was still hungry and so found her own way to share it with him.
At the same time though he found himself longing to override his personal code of conduct and fill his stomach.
As if to negate the feelings he was being given (for he dared not block them in
fear of hurting Ro’s feelings) the red fur melted into a red chest. Where the meat-eater had once been
standing and insect eating robin now perched. He could still feel the taste of the food on his tongue,
but no longer desired it as he had before. The taste of meat didn’t make the stomach of a simple bird
grumble in hungry protest.

“The meals are swift and pawsteps many, unwise lingering kills the curious worm,”
Rohindal said casually to Marvk. The small bird nodded and fluttered to Rohindal’s head.

“Ro thinks we should be fairly quickly. The Goldenleaf will be upset with us for a little while.
In the best interest for our safety I suggest we disappear. At least to them.”

“That means no wildly running about willy-nilly Ro,” Marvk reminded, “We need to lay
low until tensions cool.”

Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 2:35 am

Iceheart waited as the pair ate. When they said that they must leave, she nodded, and asked "Where to? The other territory?" She got to her feet, and prepared to merge feelings with Kyota. This would drain energy immensely, but would be worth it. Kyota shifted into a ferret to perch upon Iceheart's head. The two awaited Rohindal's and Marvk's actions.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Pup
Pup
Amber

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 9:38 pm

Marvk nodded his head, "It would be best," he said as Rohindal finished up her meal. Now instead of sharing the feeling of food in her mouth she shared the contentedness of a full stomach. Had his facial features allowed it, Marvk would have smiled at his counterpart. His beady black eyes reflected his happiness for her though, and he tilted his head toward the edge of the territory. "There are a few parts unclaimed by either pack," he murmured, "We can take momentary refuge there. The patches are so small that we can be smelled from the edge of both territories, so it's best to only leave a stale scent for any scouts. Iceheart, for your safety I think we should linger in these borderworlds and in the other packs terra. No doubt it will anger the Goldenleaf if they catch your scent ever again."

These worlds have little hospitality left for us, love.

Another land, another life.

Marvk stared wearily at Rohindal.

"An island crossing is dangerous Ro," Marvk warned, unaware that he had replied out loud. "It's not something to be attempted with a heart as light as yours."

The easier I shall float.

The little robin shook his head, "I will think about it. While it will get rid of the problem of the other two packs knowing us, Iceheart might not want to leave. Plus, again, it's dangerous. You can be killed! There's not much to eat..." Marvk trailed off. "Then again you don't really eat much at all," he muttered. The little anima then shook his head sharply, "No! I will consider it! But don't expect me to agree, dear one. Don't expect them to agree and follow," he tilted his head toward Iceheart and Kyota.

Rohindal looked back over at Iceheart.

Unbound Marvk

she murmured.

"So you intend to do what you will even if they don't follow?"

There was no answer. Rohindal merely stood and began to pad toward the edge of the territory.

Last edited by Amber on Sun May 17, 2009 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 3:27 am

Iceheart nodded. She did not wish to leave the island, for it had always been her home. Yet sometimes, home is not what it always has been, nor will it always be. The pair stood and followed. Followed the mysterious wolf whos' lives they had just laid in their paws.

(ehh, where now??)
Back to top Go down
Amber
Pup
Pup
Amber

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 7:14 pm

((Eh... I have absolutely NO idea.))
((We can either try to cross to another island.))
((Try to 'accidentally' bump into one of Ro's siblings.))
((OR we could go make grief in another territorry!))
((xD You chose.))
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:18 am

(why don't we ask WW if we can island hop? but first lets go traumatize the other pack. XD)
Back to top Go down
Amber
Pup
Pup
Amber

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 1:25 am

((^_^ I asked about that.))
((Turns out you go to this place...))
((Then you RP trying to cross it I think.))
((Then a moderator decides whether or not you make it Very Happy))
((But yes, I think we should get ourselves /thrown/ off the island...))
((LETS GO CAUSE SOME MAYHEM!))
((You go ahead and post first in something.))
((Assume Ro will be trailing after you ^^))
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 5:27 am

(you should. Icey is following Ro. not just physically, but mentally. anyways, THE SOONER THE BETTER)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mild Disinterest   Mild Disinterest - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mild Disinterest
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wolves of the Dawn :: Archives :: 2009 Archives-
Jump to: