Wolves of the Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Troublesome Findings

Go down 
+4
Snowest
Icestar
Mudpelt
Morgan
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Twilight_Wolf
Alpha
Alpha
Twilight_Wolf

Female
Dog Pisces

Pet : Image: Troublesome Findings - Page 2 ThKITsunechan
Name: Elleron
Species: Fox cub

Troublesome Findings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Findings   Troublesome Findings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:38 pm

Zio returned to his counterpart's side and his cat form rippled until he became a golden rat, taking shelter under Kia from the rain. Kia was nervous about what Keovi would do. He was smart; he wouldn't jump to assume this wolf was here to harm them. He'd choose the right way. And, sure enough, when Keovi emerged out of his den he was nothing but polite toward Roek. Kia smiled and made her way closer, though she was dying to get inside out of the rain. Her den under the tree was looking more and more comforting by the minute, but she really wanted to see what would be the outcome of this confrontation.
Back to top Go down
http://ivalis.forumandco.com/index.htm
Whitefeather
Yearling
Yearling
Whitefeather

Female
Scorpio

Pet : name: Ninko
species: owl
picture:Troublesome Findings - Page 2 WhiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Findings   Troublesome Findings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:06 am

Shiva saw what seemed to be the leader emerge from a den. He was speaking to some other wolves, his tail raised high. Shiva didn't want to interupt, taking a step back. Maybe it would be better to go back to their den and just wait a while until the excitement calmed down. I'm not traveling all this way for nothing, Arunima thought grudingly. She tried to push at his legs but he stood firm. He knew from what little experience he had dealing with other wolves, it was impolite to inturupt and cause wolves to assume the worst. By now, both Shiva and Arunima's pelts were soaked, and caked with mud. She changed into a muskrat, trying to get out of the rain by running under a small bush. Where are you going? Shiva asked her, his eyebrows pulling together. Arun shook her pelt, mud splattering on the dark green leaves, If we're going to stand out there all day, I might as well. He just stayed where he was, thinking about how he was going to approach one of these wolves once they got done with whatever they were doing.
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf445
Alpha
Alpha

Male
Horse Aries

Pet : Troublesome Findings - Page 2 Th_---
name:Delila
specis:fox

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Findings   Troublesome Findings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 2:31 am

Delila grabbed Nightwalker's ears and pulled them over her, covering herself from the rain. She thought it was a pretty good idea and it seemed to be working, it kept her dry. too bad she couldn't say the same for Nightwalker. The white mouse wonder how Keovi would act towards the new wolf. she gripped Nightwalker's ears in anticipation, her Grip loosened as Keovi began to speak, she should have known Keovi wouldn't have just chased him off. she wasn't like that.

Nightwalker could barely hear anything with Delila holding his ears while rain pounded them. He narrowed his eyes into small slits both to shield them from the rain and the annoyance of Delila. Why couldn't she just get under him it would make things so much easier on him. Over the rain hitting his ears Keovi's voice sounding nothing more like a low mumble. He shook his head Knocked Delila from atop his head, "Stop that would you i kinda need those." Delila Chuckled at Nightwalker, "Sorry it worked really well though." Nightwalker shook his head, " what am i going to do with you." A scent caught Nightwalker's attention he turned around and sniffed at the air, he wasn't completely sure because of then rain but the though he could smell another wolf.
Back to top Go down
Locke
Pup
Pup
Locke

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Findings   Troublesome Findings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 8:16 am

Ooc: Sorry for it being so long. But you could practically skip the first part. this is just a way to secure my characters in the story.

Ic: Hatred and death.

Despite himself and every instinctual urge that had been embedded into his mind from day one, Locke was ensnared. Fear seemed to be the largest factor, after all, only the foolish are without fear. And yet the impressively large wolf was held where he stood for a variety of other reasons.

Before him loomed a great shadow of fur and fangs and claws. It had been hunting, and Locke had been unfortunate enough to have been it’s first encounter.

A low throaty laugh.

“The days of old are upon us,” sneered the specter. “Who will be the first of sacrifices?”

Despite how fearful the massive creature was, Locke’s fight or flight impulses kicked in, temporarily sweeping aside his panic.

“Come any closer and I’ll tear you to pieces, fiend,” his cinnamon hackles rose on end.

Another deep laugh.

“What a naďve creature you are. I have come to bathe these islands in death and darkness. Let all tremble in my wake. Let fear rule all. Let death encompass innocence. You are first to witness, Locke…”

Those piercing eyes bored into his very soul.

“Locke…”

The creature stepped forward.

“Locke.”

A massive paw threw him down, pinning him.

“Locke!”

It’s hot breath against his face smelled of miasma.

“LOCKE!”

Serrated fangs closing around him, ready to—

------

“Locke wake up or I’ll peck your eyes out!”

He awoke, amber eyes clearly illustrating momentary shock and snapping violently at the red-tailed hawk nearby. The bird was faster that time, evading the steel trap in a flurry of down.

“Watch it!” the graceful bird hissed and perched herself safely upon a higher slab of rock from the startled wolf. “Next time maybe I should eat your eyes.”

It took an instant for Locke to realize what he had just done as he brought himself to his paws.

“Ah, Makani, I’m terribly sorry. I didn’t mean to. But you should know better than to wake me so.”

“Perhaps, but you were dreaming, and whimpering like a whipped animal. It was very unbecoming of you, so I thought to rescue you from further embarrassment. Not to mention I have news for you. What could you have been dreaming of, though?”

Locke thought for a moment before replying, “I’m not quite sure, to be perfectly honest. I don’t remember.”

The fact that he had no recollection of what his dream consisted of disturbed him slightly. Usually after a couple hours he might forget, but never right after he awoke.

“Apparently it was of no importance if I had already forgotten,” he yawned, stretching his long limbs across a patch of moss underneath the rocky overhang. They had decided to rest there when the weather looked unpromising. Now it was raining. “Maybe I was dreaming about you?”

“Ha ha. Someone has wit, I can see. Anyway, aren’t you curious to know what I’ve discovered?”

He stared at her.

“A ‘Yes please,’ or even a ‘Sure’ would be nice,” said the hawk, not really expecting a reply to that either. “Well, on my way looking for a meal I spotted some wolves not far off. I circled back when it started to rain.”

Locke thought about that. Other wolves could mean interesting things were abound. He couldn’t remember when he had last seen a trace of another wolf, never one with his own eyes. In any case, it might not be a bad idea to see what a pack wolf was like. But there was one important question on his mind at the moment…

“Did you catch anything?”
Back to top Go down
Snowest
Beta
Beta
Snowest

Female
Pet : Troublesome Findings - Page 2 BPz4
Name: Night

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Findings   Troublesome Findings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 9:08 pm

" Good to see everyone back together again, and in good health. I hear there's someone me to meet?"

"Uh... Hi?" Roek said to the wolf who had turned to look at him.

Lee, as a mouse, squeeked, "Dont mind him. Hes just a silly wolf. Im Lee, and the silly wolf is Roek. Or Rorek for shorts." Lee changed to a cat, this caused Roek's head to sag under her weight, adding to his comicle appearance.

"Were sorry for intruding, but we want to join your pack."
Back to top Go down
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Findings   Troublesome Findings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 6:12 am

Keovi couldn't help but let the corner of his maw tighten, showing a small smile. " Well hello Roek, and Lee. As Takara, my anima," He nodded towards the den where the Pine Marten disappeared. " has told you, you are now on Goldenleaf pack lands." He finished. The wolf's swirled marking under his eyes shifted as he blinked hard to get away the water that was now seeping through his fur. Before speaking again he stole a glance at the den, where he noticed Koara's tiny muxxle and bright eyes peering out from behind Takara. His anima was trying to push her back inside, but the pups were big enough to hold their ground against a little marten by now.

" Inside that den are my mate's pups. As long as they stay safe, not a fur will be harmed on your pelt. You understand?" Keovi said, a slight but controlled growl edging his voice. " Otherwise, I see no reason you can't stick around and see how you fit in. " He tried to brighten his voice with these words, making a conscious decision to try and be more hospitable to other wolves. 'After all, I used to be the wolf coming to beg for a place in a pack.. ' 'And now you can grant that to others. Roek seems a very nice young wolf, he doesn't seem like trouble.' Takara's voice interrupted his thoughts, and he silently agreed.
" Well Roek, seems like right now wouldn't be a good time to show you around. You can take Icehearts old den. It's right over there, make yourself at home. " He motioned to the now empty den where the blind white wolf used to sleep. Her scent still drifted from inside.

"Can I go out NOW?" Koara grew impatient and tried to shove Takara out of the way again with her nose. She easily lifted the marten up, but just set her back down again, knowing her limits. " Please?"
" Oh fine. But don't count on me to clean you guys up after your all wet and muddy." Takara jumped out of the den and rushed up the tree to a low-laying branch. It's bark was still dry, sheltered by the leaves, but elsewhere, their natural covering was failing as more and more raindrops fell to the forest floor. She shook off, and twisted to clean and slick the fur down on her back.

"Your all free for the time being, but stay close. I think we might try to bring down something for the pack if this rain lets up." He muttered with a quick shake to his entire pelt. He looked very dark now that his fur was wet, but his golden fur still shone through the bits of black and brown. The same could be said for the trees around them. Though it was all wet now, the green on the trees and bushes seemed vibrant and bright, and the forest seemed to glow with the leaves reflecting the sun and putting the dappled shadow pattern onto the forest floor. ' Absolutely beautiful.' Keovi made the quick comment to himself
Back to top Go down
Twilight_Wolf
Alpha
Alpha
Twilight_Wolf

Female
Dog Pisces

Pet : Image: Troublesome Findings - Page 2 ThKITsunechan
Name: Elleron
Species: Fox cub

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Findings   Troublesome Findings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 4:24 am

Kia felt like she couldn't help she smile that spread across her maw as Keovi said that Roek could stay. She shook off his warning about his pups; she didn't think Roek would do something like that. From what she had seen of him, he was a nice wolf. Once Keovi was done, announcing to everyone that they were free for a while, the smile widened. Yay! she thought to Zio, who was still under her. Unfortunately for him, the rain had seeped down her fur and run along the bottom of her, only getting him even wetter. He grumbled something and changed into his usual cat form; his fur sticking to him as the rain continued to pour. He sprawled out on her back; one half of him hanging over one side of her while the other was hanging limply over her opposite side. "Do you have to do that?" Kia mumbled, turning her head so that she could look at him. She couldn't see his head, only his paws thazt were dangling at her side. "Well, you're here, and you don't seem to mind," Zio replied, though humor colored his tone. Kia sighed. "Fine, but you're heavy." "Fine with me; good excercise for you."
Back to top Go down
http://ivalis.forumandco.com/index.htm
shadowwolf445
Alpha
Alpha

Male
Horse Aries

Pet : Troublesome Findings - Page 2 Th_---
name:Delila
specis:fox

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Findings   Troublesome Findings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 3:57 am

Nightwalker continued sniffing at the air, he knew he could smell something. the was just making him think other wise, But his nose has never been wrong before. He wanted to see for himself if there was really anyone out there he had confidence in his own senses, of course he had to be he used them to "see". Delila could tell he was sniffing out for something, someone or something had his attention, "Smell something you like?" she asked. Nightwalker stared at where he could smell the scent, "I don't know depends on what it is" he replied back. The rain was starting to irritate her especially while she was in her mouse form ever drop just seem to hit harder then the last. she jumped off of Nightwalker and morphed into her white fox form and hid under Nightwalker, "Well are you going to see what it is?" she asked, " I was thinking about it." Nightwalker replied
Back to top Go down
Snowest
Beta
Beta
Snowest

Female

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Findings   Troublesome Findings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:19 pm

Roek franticly nodded at Keovi, this caused Lee to fall off his head into the mud. With one more nod, Roek dashed away in the direction that his new den would be.

When he got there he was surprized to see that the den was already made. Lee however just ran in, sighing as her pelt no longer felt the stinging rain. Roek followed.
Back to top Go down
Whitefeather
Yearling
Yearling
Whitefeather

Female
Scorpio

Pet : name: Ninko
species: owl
picture:Troublesome Findings - Page 2 WhiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Findings   Troublesome Findings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:42 pm

Shiva shook his fur off, standing up. Arun narrowed her muskrat eyes, shifting her head towards him as if to say that they better had be going to talk to someone to get a den. Shiva nodded, his ears perking up at the sound of all the wolves talking. Arunima swiftly changed into a gray fox, her eyebrows showing that she wasn't enjoying this kind of rain one bit. She scurried to his side and looked up expectantly. It's okey, she thought softly, go on.

The gray wolf stepped forward, officially in the camp now. He wished it had been in sunlight that he had announced himself, to make it look like he wasn't trying to find a home and food since it was raining, but this would be okey too. The wind whipped at the pair's fur, along with mud, rain, and leaves as they made their way to stand a few feet away from the leader. Arun's ears were practically plastered against her head, her tail hovering the ground. Shiva's muscles were tensed up but his outside appearance calm. Shiva coughed to get the leaders attention above the rain, not sure whether to go up and ask to join or let the other wolves do the talking. Arunima opened her mouth before he could silence her, "We would like to join your pack if you have room for us."
Back to top Go down
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Findings   Troublesome Findings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 8:11 pm

A warm feeling rose from Keovi's stomache, causing him to pause and look around at his pack. They all seemed happy enough that he let Roek stay, so why not be happy himself? His wet, dripping tail waved lightly behind him, Keovi was about to turn to go back inside his den, but heard a noise coming from the edge of the clearing. ' Nobody went over there did they?' He looked up. His tail stopped wagging. 'Oh..'

Takara noticed his hesitation and bounded over to him and apeared below him, between his legs. She followed his gaze to anbother wolf in the clearing, standing pitifuly in the rain, fur dripping. " Who's that?" The tiny marten took a few steps forward out into the rain again, blinking as some drops fell too close to her eyes.
Surprised by the abrupt statement made by the wolf's anima, Keovi wasn't sure if he should answer so quickly. Tilting his head a bit he asked, " Are you with Roek?" Takara looked up at him then back at the wolf, fairly sure he wasn't with the young new wolf Keovi had just sent into the dens.
Nonetheless, Keovi still asked, but he took a closer look, studying this male carefully. He felt no threatening energy coming from him, and knew that he meant no harm. He decided already that yet another newcomer would be added to the ranks of Goldenleaf, but why not get to know this wolf more?

Takara hid under Keovi again, as the rain had gotten slightly stronger with a gust of wind. the water in the air moved like waves in an ocean, thick dounpours falling onto the earth with each passing gust of wind. Then it would lighten, but just for a moment, until another gale brought with it another pelting of rain. It had been a good while now since the rain started, and now the ground was now dirt, but mud. The sun was hidden behind shadowy clouds above, and the surface of the lake was no longer still and silent, but filled with energy and tiny ripples of water rebounding all over the lake. You couldnt tell one splash of a rain drop from the splash of a small fish. Being much more alert to the world around her than Keovi, Takara remembered the pups in the den and quickly searched it's entrance. 'No, they're fine. it's not raining hard enough yet.'
She meant of course, the little streams and trickles of water that would snake their way thorugh the grass and mud once the earth couldn't hold any more of the rain.
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Findings   Troublesome Findings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 4:03 am

Iceheart padded slowly back towards her old pack. Rohindal had slipped away, and Iceheart couldn't watch to see where she went. Kyota had been away for only a few moments, but it was too late.
'It just goes to show how helpless I am' Iceheart sighed to herself.
'Don't be so hard on yourself.' Kyota answered, startling Iceheart. She hadn't been aware that he was listening. Kyota laid the tip of his tail on her shoulder in a comforting gesture. 'It's not your fault you can't see.' To this Iceheart bared her teeth, and began to run. However, she did not see he tree ahead, and crashed into it quite comically, despite Kyota's warnings. Steaming, she jumped up, and stormed off, shaking scraps of vegetation from her white pelt. Her muzzle hurt, and licking it only hurt worse. As she loped, moodily growling to herself, her paws lead where she knew best- Keovi's pack. Kyota bounded behind as a mouse, but struggled and floundered in the long grass and flowers. shifting into a cat, he began to catch up, but wasn't fast enough for Iceheart's speed. Shifting into a eagle slowly, he began to grow wings and a beak before transforming more. He began to rise into the air as a griffin, but quickly finished changing. He caught a thermal, and rose up, gaining on his soulmate.

Iceheart felt the raindrops begin to fall, and pushed steadily on, occasionally flicking her ears. Her paw began to ache. 'Odd, I thought this was over.' She had closed her mind off to Kyota, so he did not know the words, but felt some pain of an unknown source. He descended as the pair reached the camp. landing next to her. Iceheart froze as she realized that there was more wolves then when she left. She took a defensive stance, and prepared for the worst. Keovi had banished her, and she had returned, who knew if what rights she had as a loner were now stripped?
Back to top Go down
http://fireandice.friendhood.net
Snowest
Beta
Beta
Snowest

Female

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Findings   Troublesome Findings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 5:10 am

(What happened Ice?)

Sitting in the den with Lee, Roek stared out at the rain. It was one of his rare moments of being serious. His green eyes flickered as his ears registered a faint sound.

Shuddering against the rain he slid out of the den. He padded twords the clearing. His sharp eyes picked out the blatently white pelt in the trees.

"Whos there?" Roek called as he took a deep drought through his nose. The wolf's smell didnt bear the scent of his new pack.

Bristling slightly he yelled, "Who are you? Dont make me get my leader!" Seriousness only goes so far.
Back to top Go down
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Findings   Troublesome Findings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 8:59 pm

"Roek? have you found something..?" Keovi turned his attention from the gray wolf, looking with ears perked and eyes bright to the young male.
Takara had slid out from under Keovi and changed into a brown and black speckled bobcat, ears tipped with tufts of fur. She followed Roek's gaze, to see the white pelt of a wolf all too familiar to her. " Iceheart!" Takara hissed. It send a shiver down Keovi's spine, and he was drawn to look at her too. In this way Takara was very useful to him, being an alert system when he forgets to use his senses. She silently reminded her wolf about the last time they saw traces of this pair. Kyota, her anima had stolen meat, right after being banished from the pack lands. They can't be hospitable until things were forgiven.

Information buzzed through Keovi's head now, on the outside though his stare was focused on Iceheart, otherwise blank, besides the pulled upper lip that showed his pearly whites, with ears twitching.
'We have four pups to take care of, Kia, Nightwalker, and dear Mudpelt..' A pack of 8 is a strong pack indeed, with many mouths to feed. He knew why Iceheart was here, she wanted back in. Back to the security of a pack, with many eyes to guide her and paws to lead her. But could they allow this? Could he disobey his own orders? 'No' a voice of a marten rang in his head and for a moment.

'This, of course, must apply to the gray one too,' He remembered. Roek is a pup, an exception. He was high on the feeling of warmth and happiness moments ago, he would've let the gray male stay, but now that Iceheart showed up, he remembered why he wanted to drive her out in the first place, he didn't need another wolf to do the same to.

Takara could feel Keovi's thoughts racing, and stepped up to say something first. " Your not welcomed here kyota. Take Iceheart and leave. Find somewhere else to find shelter, we have no room here. Wolves will starve if we can't hunt for all. Winter is coming, we must not make exceptions." She held her head high as she let her words sink in. Keovi grunted in agreement, and a slow growl rose in his throat.
"And you too. I'm sorry, we can't help you." Keovi looked back to the gray male who showed up, pelt dripping. He must've been traveling in the rain a while. And idea of sorts struck him, but more thought than idea. 'This male and Iceheart might be able to help each other. I can't feel as bad now that I'm doing this, right?' 'Sure, your right. Let's not play matchmaker now though, focus on getting your point across.' Takara reminded him.

Keovi's paws took him a a few mouse lengths closer, edging nearer to the two. "Now, I don't want to have to chase you out of here." He warned, flexing his claws in the mud.
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Findings   Troublesome Findings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 3:10 am

( well Amber can't access WOTD, and so the RP with her is kind of toast. Pen's Char wanted them to leave, and so they did I guess. I haven't really been able to talk to Pen, and I'm working on it.

Ignoring the new wolf, the pair listened to Keovi and his anima. At his words, Iceheart hung her head, and her tail drooped. What was she to do if she wasn't accepted here, cross islands? That would be virtually a suicide mission! Iceheart decided to make one final plea.

"We aren't accepted anywhere. We were driven from the other territory as well. Rohindal and I were attacked, and we left the territory. Then she left when it was raining, and I couldn't see her go. I wasn't able to follow her scent trail afterwards, because of the rain. Kyota was out hunting." Iceheart had a sinking feeling that she was failing, and Kyota, sharing the same thoughts, stepped forwards.

"Look Keovi and Takara, I'm sorry. What Iceheart and I did was out of depression, anger, not knowing pack customs, and impulsiveness. We have both learned a lot in the past few days, and won't make the same mistakes. I know one of the reason you banished us was , Iceheart only left to gather one of the pups, which later wandered back. The other pups were left in my care. I only responded in the way I did out of frustration because I wasn't able to communicate this to you. Besides, i can hunt, and Iceheart and I together can catch prey as well. Please Keovi. The cross roads are a suicide mission. If you allow us in, your word is our command. We'll do anything you ask us to."

Having spoken, the pair stood tensely, awaiting the leaders decision. A lot was riding on this virtually impossible chance to become part of the pack once more. Kyota's tail lashed back and forth, but Iceheart stood stone still, gazing at nothing, although her eyes were staring at Keovi. Iceheart let her thoughts wash away, fading into a urgent 'please, please, please.', and then into nothing. HEr ears were pricked to listen for that crucial answer.
Back to top Go down
http://fireandice.friendhood.net
Snowest
Beta
Beta
Snowest

Female

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Findings   Troublesome Findings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 6:17 pm

Listening to the wolf's plea, then her anima's, Roek couldnt help but feel sorry. His bristleing fur lowered, and he studied the wolf Iceheart more closely.

She looked tired, and her pelt was ragged in a few places. Her eyes didnt register movement, but her anima's did. Roek felt a feeling flickering inside him. He realized it with a shock, he liked her! He felt a desire for her to stay, he wanted to help her.

"Keovi, can't you let her stay?" Foolishly Roek turned his puppy eyes on Keovi, being barely older than a pup had it's advantages.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Findings   Troublesome Findings - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Troublesome Findings
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wolves of the Dawn :: Archives :: 2009 Archives-
Jump to: